HTC One: Anyone else on AT&T not yet received KitKat update?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
As the subject States. Wondering how many people have not received the update yet... I'm still patiently waiting..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

MNR

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone else on AT&T not yet received kitkat update?

I didn't. I will wait until saturday and if still not will go to my AT&T store ... :(

sfrascella

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I went to my AT&T store today, it was a waste of time. I got the feeling that if a commision wasn't involved they weren't that interested in helping me.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I went to my AT&T store today, it was a waste of time. I got the feeling that if a commision wasn't involved they weren't that interested in helping me.

I kind of figured that. Just going to have to wait until HTC has it on their website to manually update. Except you will lose everything and have to set it back up. Like a factory reset..

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Not yet for me either.

Well my coworker just checked his blue HTC one he got at best buy 2 weeks ago. And he got the update. I checked mine and nothing. Something is definitely wrong. Sucks!

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Still waiting on mine and I got my HTC one when it originally came out last year

Posted via Android Central App

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Still waiting on mine and I got my HTC one when it originally came out last year

Would you believe I went to an AT&T store and asked to swap my sim card out because it was old. Found out it was an old 4g lte sim. He put a new one in, and right away checked for updates. Low and behold it worked. I am now running Kitkat. I'm a happy camper

MNR

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

How old was your sim ? Can you do a picture of the one ? Thanks,

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

How old was your sim ? Can you do a picture of the one ? Thanks,

Unfortunately I left the old sim card there.. But the one he pulled out was mostly all orange, with the AT&T symbol on it. The new one was mostly white with the symbol on it. It just seems like after he replaced it and updated it in the system, it worked right away. My sim was over 1 1/2 years old. The phone signal is much better too. I would try it and see. It can't hurt. Just watch it, their going to try to sell you more ****. Lol My sim came out from another phone. My one x

sfrascella

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Went to another at&t store today, had to argue a bit but they finally changed the sim and I now have the update.

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it worked! I got a new SIM card and I got the update. But the strange thing is the new SIM card is the exact same orange SIM card model I had.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it worked! I got a new SIM card and I got the update. But the strange thing is the new SIM card is the exact same orange SIM card model I had.

Maybe we both just had bad SIM cards.. I just know he said mine was just older.. Maybe you just had a bad sim but a newer one then mine. But hey, I'm glad it worked... Did you get stuck doing the update St the AT&T store? I did.. Lol. Felt like forever..

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to another at&t store today, had to argue a bit but they finally changed the sim and I now have the update.

Glad it worked out for you too.. I finally found a fix. We need to start another thread for others on AT&T who did not get it yet..

MNR

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I went to my AT&T store and the were useless. They said they couldn't do anything for me and didn't know what was wrong with my phone.
I went home, put my husband SIM card on my phone. He changed his SIM card last July and has a galaxy S4, surprisingly, I'm downloading the update right now. So it is clearly a SIM card issue. I will probably ask a new one at my AT&T store when I have time. Thanks for the help,

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I went to my AT&T store and the were useless. They said they couldn't do anything for me and didn't know what was wrong with my phone.
I went home, put my husband SIM card on my phone. He changed his SIM card last July and has a galaxy S4, surprisingly, I'm downloading the update right now. So it is clearly a SIM card issue. I will probably ask a new one at my AT&T store when I have time. Thanks for the help,

I'm glad it worked also. Seems like every AT&T store is different. Every time I go, I get someone really nice and concerned. They should of swapped it no questions asked. It's free anyway. They just knew you weren't buying anything else so why waste their time. But I'm glad it all worked out.. You're welcome..