Polaris office 5 found in Trust go security scan

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks, i recently did a factory reset on my HTC one 4.4 running Trust GO and it flagged Polaris office 5 as a malicious app.

Have never seen this come up when running a security scan b4 the hard reset.

Trust GO will not let me uninstll it when i try to however.

any ideas what it is and is it really malware?

also how can i manually delelte it?

TIA

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks, i recently did a factory reset on my HTC one 4.4 running Trust GO and it flagged Polaris office 5 as a malicious app.

Have never seen this come up when running a security scan b4 the hard reset.

Trust GO will not let me uninstll it when i try to however.

any ideas what it is and is it really malware?

also how can i manually delelte it?

TIA

Welcome to the forums.
My guess is if there are ads attached that is what flagged it. It is probably a preloaded app, and the only way to get rid of it completely is to root the device. You should be able to disable it by going to Settings> Apps> swipe over to All Apps> scroll down to Polaris> click on it> click disable. If you see Uninstall updates, that might have to be done first before disabling.

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
My guess is if there are ads attached that is what flagged it. It is probably a preloaded app, and the only way to get rid of it completely is to root the device. You should be able to disable it by going to Settings> Apps> swipe over to All Apps> scroll down to Polaris> click on it> click disable. If you see Uninstall updates, that might have to be done first before disabling.
Thanks for your response and i really find these forums very informative.

I have looked in my apps and it is not listed

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
TG scan report states -"this app can download and rate applications from chinese 3rd party app stores resulting in high data bills.TG recommends that you remove this app"

hmm perplexing and scary

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your response and i really find these forums very informative.

I have looked in my apps and it is not listed

The first screen that comes up is Downloaded. There should be tabs at the top saying downloaded, running and all. You should be able to swipe the screen to the left. or tap the tabs to get to All Apps.

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
The first screen that comes up is Downloaded. There should be tabs at the top saying downloaded, running and all. You should be able to swipe the screen to the left. or tap the tabs to get to All Apps.
OK. i found it per your instructions, the only option it gave me was to disable it as i did

there was no uninstall option..

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OK. i found it per your instructions, the only option it gave me was to disable it as i did

there was no uninstall option..

OK. Now, it shouldn't be coming up in scans. And it can't be used since it is disabled. Do you use a PDF viewer?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
OK. Now, it shouldn't be coming up in scans. And it can't be used since it is disabled. Do you use a PDF viewer?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
it still comes up in the scan as malicious app, not sure what pdf viewer i have or use..

edit, i set it to ignore, is it a realproblem or maybe a false pos?

when i ran lookout antivirus it did not detect any problems in my system

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
apparently this app is"SimpleTemai.A@android trojan".
i hve no idea how it got on my phone as i just download essential apps from my google services when i did the factory reset...

stuck for ideas on how to get rid of it.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
apparently this app is"SimpleTemai.A@android trojan".
i hve no idea how it got on my phone as i just download essential apps from my google services when i did the factory reset...

stuck for ideas on how to get rid of it.

How did you find that? Did you use TrustGo?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie