Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default missing red beats audio symbol

Hey guys

as the title states i dont have the beats audio symbol come up at all in the top right area..

i checked and beats is on...

any ideas why?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: missing red beats audio symbol

And is it supposed to be there permanently when turned on?

Quote Originally Posted by snocone View Post
    And is it supposed to be there permanently when turned on?
    The beats symbol only comes into the notification bar when you have earphones plugged in...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you have earphones plugged in and there isn't a notification then check your settings to make sure you've not disabled it.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by xceeder View Post
    The beats symbol only comes into the notification bar when you have earphones plugged in...

see the headphone icon but not the red beats icon

Check your settings

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

If you have earphones plugged in and there isn't a notification then check your settings to make sure you've not disabled it.

yea i have it turned on,is it sposed to be up there as long as u listen the music?

Yes try inserting your earphones then play some music the red beats icon should appear in the notification panel

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes try inserting your earphones then play some music the red beats icon should appear in the notification panel

ok that did the trick, thanks m8
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

btw i was watching shakira vids on youtube

btw i was watching shakira vids on youtube
    Lol whatever your into

This is incorrect.. On the HTC ONE if the Beats Audio is on and you listen to music without headphones, the beats logo in red should still appear and be working, with or without headphones. If it's not showing up when listening to music or videos from the front speakers, then you have a problem. I would recheck again. I'd not factory reset it and see if that fixed it.. The One X only worked with headphones..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    This is incorrect.. On the HTC ONE if the Beats Audio is on and you listen to music without headphones, the beats logo in red should still appear and be working, with or without headphones. If it's not showing up when listening to music or videos from the front speakers, then you have a problem. I would recheck again. I'd not factory reset it and see if that fixed it.. The One X only worked with headphones..

That may be true but the actual beats audio sound profile won't kick in without earphones as using beats on the external speaker could cause it damage...

That may be true but the actual beats audio sound profile won't kick in without earphones as using beats on the external speaker could cause it damage...

Then why does the sound differ when you are listening to say a music file with the external speakers with beats audio turned on and off. With beats off, the volume output is much louder but not as crisp and clean with it on..
    But all I am saying is the icon should still show up whether headphones are in or not as long as beats is turned on in settings.

Then why does the sound differ when you are listening to say a music file with the external speakers with beats audio turned on and off. With beats off, the volume output is much louder but not as crisp and clean with it on..
    But all I am saying is the icon should still show up whether headphones are in or not as long as beats is turned on in settings.

Well to be honest pal I own the HTC one sv and the beats icon only comes up when earphones are plugged in but I guess some phones are different

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

i agree aboutthe sound being louder and crisper without beats audio on

i wonder why?

Well to be honest pal I own the HTC one sv and the beats icon only comes up when earphones are plugged in but I guess some phones are different

Well that's why you're wrong then pal.. Lol. The HTC One works both with and without headphones.. I also had a One X and it's only with headphones like your One sv. Every phone is different.

i agree aboutthe sound being louder and crisper without beats audio on

i wonder why?
    It's has to do with the clarity and the tone rather then the loudness.. But with headphones in its much better. Does your beats icon on come without headphones also? It should... There's a video on YouTube explaining the beats audio and how it works..

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

It's has to do with the clarity and the tone rather then the loudness.. But with headphones in its much better. Does your beats icon on come without headphones also? It should... There's a video on YouTube explaining the beats audio and how it works..

its appears with both headphones in and not..but it just shows up in the bar briefly..

is it supposed to stay in the bar?

its appears with both headphones in and not..but it just shows up in the bar briefly..

is it supposed to stay in the bar?
    It only stays in the top bar whilst playing music as soon as you stop the music the icon goes away - have a look at this video, and yeah fair enough I've only got the one sv but my brother has the HTC one and I asked him when the other person started to question me about it and he confirmed what I was saying was true.....

So ignore the other guy he doesn't know what he's talking about, the only thing I got wrong is that on my phone the icon only appears when earphones are plugged in and playing music but like I said HTC phones are different

The beats audio profile adds more of a bass profile with it turned off it may be louder but that's because the bass has been reduced and have a look in the video I've posted on this thread it clearly shows that the icon only comes up when he's playing music.
    p.s I didn't come on here to argue who is right or wrong I was simply trying to help the original poster...

It only stays in the top bar whilst playing music as soon as you stop the music the icon goes away - have a look at this video, and yeah fair enough I've only got the one sv but my brother has the HTC one and I asked him when the other person started to question me about it and he confirmed what I was saying was true.....

Ok I will say we are both right.:thumbup: I should clarify it I guess. The beats logo only stays on while music is playing... No music file no icon..

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Thanks for the video i will check it out.
    really want to see whats up with beats and what it offers