Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to update the software on an unlocked At&T HTC One?

Hi guys,

A few months ago I purchased an unlocked AT&T HTC One from the US (solely due to the ridiculous price discrepancies - hindsight would've advised me else wise). Since then, multiple software updates have been made available to users of the HTC One - all except mine.

From what I understand elsewhere on the forums, I am not getting the software updates because I am using an AT&T model, in Australia (on the Vodafone network). As a result, I am still running on Android 4.3 & Sense 5.0.

I have run the AT&T software update and unsurprisingly "no update is available for your device at this time".

Is there a way I can get around this?

Your help is much appreciated. X

Default Re: How to update the software on an unlocked At&T HTC One?

You can go to HTC's website under support and manually download the update. The only problem with doing the update that way is that it will reset your phone and you'll lose everything on it. So make sure you have everything backed up before doing the update this way.

The manual update file is available only for 4.3 update. How do I update to kit Kat

Im having the same problem with my HTC ONE and ive been told by htc company that ill be able to download it manually from the htc website after 2-3 weeks or so
    Quote Originally Posted by JockA Allen View Post
    Hi guys,

A few months ago I purchased an unlocked AT&T HTC One from the US (solely due to the ridiculous price discrepancies - hindsight would've advised me else wise). Since then, multiple software updates have been made available to users of the HTC One - all except mine.

From what I understand elsewhere on the forums, I am not getting the software updates because I am using an AT&T model, in Australia (on the Vodafone network). As a result, I am still running on Android 4.3 & Sense 5.0.

I have run the AT&T software update and unsurprisingly "no update is available for your device at this time".

Is there a way I can get around this?

Your help is much appreciated. X

Try to get the update via WiFi rather than your data service. Worked for me.