Not finding software update

Sweetbread7

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My brother and I recently got an HTC One. His device was able to update to update to KitKat a a few days after getting it, but my device won't. It updated to 4.3 right away, but since then, almost a week later, it is still unable to find the 4.4.2 update by itself or when I manually check for update. Is this a problem or should I just keep waiting.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
A lot of of folks have had this problem. Some have reported getting the update by having a new sim card installed. You can always go to HTC's website and manually download the update. Doing it this way will reset your phone and cause you to lose your apps, so make sure you have the phone backed up before doing a manual update.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Put the sim card from your brother in your HTC one and it will do the trick !

This should work. I was the first to find out about the new Sim card trick. Went to AT&T and asked for a new Sim card to try.. Instantly it found the update... Give your brothers Sim card a try lime he said. If not go to AT&T and get a new one.. It will work.. But wait to check it until you get home. Don't download it at AT&T. Will take forever..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Put the sim card from your brother in your HTC one and it will do the trick !
I have been trying to update a spare HTC One Mini with the SIM from my HTC One, without success. Even tried the manual time setting trick to check again for a software update, no luck. But this thread inspired me to use a SIM from another HTC One Mini, and it worked! I guess the SIM has to be from the same model phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs