- 121 Posts
- Stock, rooted.
General Questions on a Carrier Unlocked ATT HTC M7
So I just bought a used black M7 on ebay - it was locked to att but is apparently unlocked to all GSM carriers.
I have a few questions...
1: If I root and flash a rom (or even do a factory OTA), will my phone become locked again? I am going to use it with T Mobile and can't risk it becoming re-locked to ATT...
2. I would assume that all of the ROMs I choose must be specific to the ATT model? or can I use ROMs for the factory unlocked verson?
I'm new to the whole unlocked thing, and I want to know as much as possible BEFORE i start tweaking my phone.... lol..
3. Will the phone fully work on T Mobile's LTE?? Does ATT use the same frequencies? (the seller did not know if it would work well with data)
any knowledgeable input is greatly appreciated
- By Richard Shields1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 2Last Post: 06-15-2014, 09:08 PM
- By kolok in forum Sony Xperia Z1Replies: 1Last Post: 05-14-2014, 09:19 AM
- By monicakm in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-13-2014, 12:28 PM
- By blackdogAC in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 03:32 PM
- By jeremmar in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 02:45 PM