Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ATT HTC One M7 Straight Talk MMS issue

Ok, so this may be hard to explain, but I will try my best.

I have an AT&T HTC One M7 that I use a Straight Talk micro SIM card with. I recently switched over from my Note 2 because it was time for a change. After activation, setting up the APN and transferring all my data over, I have an issue. The MMS on my phone does not work, nothing goes in or out. My internet and SMS work perfectly, but not MMS. I researched the problem and according to what I found, it is because the phone I have is the AT&T model and since the 4.4.2 update, it is impossible to delete the stock AT&T APN. I guess the stock APN messes with the custom one but thats besides the point. According to what I have read, I would need to root and delete the APN from the list manually. I would prefer not to do this so I want to know what my options are, I need MMS to work, and I am 110% positive my APN settings aren't the issue. My Note 2 worked just fine, no problems, I no longer own it so I can't go back to it unfortunately.

If I bought the unlocked version of the HTC One M7, would everything work?
    Does anyone know of a fix that doesn't involve rooting?

Default Re: ATT HTC One M7 Straight Talk MMS issue

i have recently bought a pre-owned htc one M7 from a buyer. while installing the software update (4.06.1540.3 ) the phone goes into some white screen and following appears:

***Tampered***
    ***Unlocked***
    M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RM
    H BOOT-1.56.0000RADIO-4A.23.3263.20
    OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
    OS-
    eMMC-boot 2040MB
    Jan 22 2014, 15:21:20

FASTBOOT AC

BOOTLOADER

REBOOT
    REBOOT BOOTLOADER
    POWER DOWN

i m unable to install the update and when i click on reboot option under BOOTLOADER then phone gets restarted..

I m not aware if the seller has done something wrong with the phone bcz i m not aware of software language & how can i install the update..
    your help is highly appreciated.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jake124490 View Post
    Ok, so this may be hard to explain, but I will try my best.

I have an AT&T HTC One M7 that I use a Straight Talk micro SIM card with. I recently switched over from my Note 2 because it was time for a change. After activation, setting up the APN and transferring all my data over, I have an issue. The MMS on my phone does not work, nothing goes in or out. My internet and SMS work perfectly, but not MMS. I researched the problem and according to what I found, it is because the phone I have is the AT&T model and since the 4.4.2 update, it is impossible to delete the stock AT&T APN. I guess the stock APN messes with the custom one but thats besides the point. According to what I have read, I would need to root and delete the APN from the list manually. I would prefer not to do this so I want to know what my options are, I need MMS to work, and I am 110% positive my APN settings aren't the issue. My Note 2 worked just fine, no problems, I no longer own it so I can't go back to it unfortunately.

If I bought the unlocked version of the HTC One M7, would everything work?
    Does anyone know of a fix that doesn't involve rooting?

Were you able to get a fix for this? I have the same problem.

Go to your APN settings, where it says "APN Type" edit and add exactly this:
    ,tfdata,mms

Thus worked for me after a power off and back on once the apn was saved

I fixed it. Try my solution to see if it works for you

I'm unsure if your post was cut off. Was there anything before ,tfdata,mms

This fix did not work for me. Any other ideas? I have been having this issue for months. Tried using other MMS apps w/o luck. Oddly enough GO SMS the app worked for maybe a week and only if I was on the mobile network and not WiFi.