Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't remove default widget from lock screen

I'm running Android 4.4.2 and Sense 6 on an HTC One m7.

I'm trying to configure a third-party lock screen notification app (Nils). To do that I need to remove the default lock screen widget.

When I select the default widget I see an "Edit" icon at the top left of the screen, and a "Remove" icon at the top right. The Edit icon is active - if I drag the widget there, a menu pops up where I can select / deselect which items I want to see notifications for.

But the Remove icon is grayed out and is not active, so I can't remove the widget. How can I make the Remove icon active? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

(Note: I have "Enable lock screen widgets" selected in Settings->Security, per the Nils installation instructions.)

Default Re: Can't remove default widget from lock screen

have wrestled with the same issue. long story short, you cannot. i want to have the clock/weather that is displayed on the lock screen to show a "flip clock". have researched it endlessly and basically, you can add widgets, but that one, cannot be removed or placed into a different spot.
    kidlockatong likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can't remove default widget from lock screen

Thanks - That's what HTC tech support told me, too, after I ended up exactly where you did. I can add "pages" to the lock screen, and swipe over to them (I do that now for my calendar agenda and gmail), but can't change anything on that first page. Apparently all of that free space below the time, date and weather is reserved for certain applications that the lock-screen is designed to work with. Otherwise its off-limits. Don't remember what those applications were, 'cause I don't use any of them.