How's the battery

expxlt1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking about getting a HTC Inspire and I was just wondering how's the battery life? I will be coming from a blackberry and I have to charge the battery everyday so I'm not wanting to go through this again. Any advice on this will be great.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
People say, even people that review the phone say their battery lasts half a day with moderate use. That is a lie. On full charge, when I was in school I would use it non stop for 1 hour on my break texting, playing a game or browsing the web and if I did it my batter usually died by my last class (at 2:30pm).

Lets say you go to work at 8am on a full charge without even using it your battery will probably by noon. I have an extra bettery that they sell here I think the brand is Seiko or something...and an extra one that is even more generic. So i have 3 batts in total and I normally just have to use two.

So in short, the battery is horrible but if you have 3 you are good to go. You can even get by on 2....

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It all really depends on what you have running. If you have the large weather clock running. That will take more juice. If you have the vibrate on for key presses that will take more battery. Background wireless updates will also. I yet about a full day with moderate use with most extras turned off. I have my Bluetooth and mobile data always on.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
After waking up at 7:30 AM everyday, my battery usually is around 50% at about 3:30. Sometimes I can get a full day out of it though.

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are a hevy user you will need to charge it whenever you get a chance. But Mine makes it through the day ok if I do not play games on it alot.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If you use the phone for what it is with nothing turned off under volted or anything you'll be good to get around 10 hours of good use. This will vary based on if you are playing graphics intensive games, making phone calls etc. Really good phone, really crappy battery in the grand scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soogriff

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Day 1 of having this device. Fully charged at 6am. Heavy usage of social media apps, web browser, e-mails throughout the day, some texts, a short phone call, etc. At 2pm the battery was at about 5%. It almost got me through a work day. Brightness was set to about 60%.

Sasquatch76

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone two days ago, but with a stock phone and my average usage, I seem to get the better part of twelve hours. I do a lot of texting and web browsing. I also have an animated wallpaper and full animations enabled. I'm going to attempt rooting and custom ROMs this weekend and see how much it improves.

dude_hdt

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've got mine for 2 weeks now. Even just leaving it alone on standby, I'm burning about 2% per hour. So if I leave the house in the morning with 100%, by the time I get home in the evening, it'll be around 60%. I charge it up on the PC while at the office around mid day. Then charge again when I go to bed.

I tried to use it heavily one time...YouTube, games, surf, etc... got 4+ hours before going under 20%. It'll only get worse as the battery gets older.:(

Stanley105x

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is pretty short. I cant even play games for more than 3 or 4 hours (Maximum Brightness) before the battery dies or gets close to doing so. :'(

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
If you use the phone for what it is with nothing turned off under volted or anything you'll be good to get around 10 hours of good use. This will vary based on if you are playing graphics intensive games, making phone calls etc. Really good phone, really crappy battery in the grand scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy