1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default How's the battery

Im thinking about getting a HTC Inspire and I was just wondering how's the battery life? I will be coming from a blackberry and I have to charge the battery everyday so I'm not wanting to go through this again. Any advice on this will be great.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 V7.1.0-RC1

Default Re: How's the battery

well when my phone was stock i got 12/16 hours.

People say, even people that review the phone say their battery lasts half a day with moderate use. That is a lie. On full charge, when I was in school I would use it non stop for 1 hour on my break texting, playing a game or browsing the web and if I did it my batter usually died by my last class (at 2:30pm).

Lets say you go to work at 8am on a full charge without even using it your battery will probably by noon. I have an extra bettery that they sell here I think the brand is Seiko or something...and an extra one that is even more generic. So i have 3 batts in total and I normally just have to use two.

So in short, the battery is horrible but if you have 3 you are good to go. You can even get by on 2....

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 V7.1.0-RC1

the best i can get is 2 days 12 hours on my rooted phone. i run cm7 V7.1.0-RC1

Mine makes it through the day just fine with about 25% left when I plug it in at night.
    I like being angry. It makes me happy.

Sux

10char

It all really depends on what you have running. If you have the large weather clock running. That will take more juice. If you have the vibrate on for key presses that will take more battery. Background wireless updates will also. I yet about a full day with moderate use with most extras turned off. I have my Bluetooth and mobile data always on.

ROM
    Stock

After waking up at 7:30 AM everyday, my battery usually is around 50% at about 3:30. Sometimes I can get a full day out of it though.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

Mine is not good, but I'm a heavy data user. Hopefully the update will address this issue somewhat.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 JB. (for Now)

If you are a hevy user you will need to charge it whenever you get a chance. But Mine makes it through the day ok if I do not play games on it alot.

If you use the phone for what it is with nothing turned off under volted or anything you'll be good to get around 10 hours of good use. This will vary based on if you are playing graphics intensive games, making phone calls etc. Really good phone, really crappy battery in the grand scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    ROM

Day 1 of having this device. Fully charged at 6am. Heavy usage of social media apps, web browser, e-mails throughout the day, some texts, a short phone call, etc. At 2pm the battery was at about 5%. It almost got me through a work day. Brightness was set to about 60%.

I just got my phone two days ago, but with a stock phone and my average usage, I seem to get the better part of twelve hours. I do a lot of texting and web browsing. I also have an animated wallpaper and full animations enabled. I'm going to attempt rooting and custom ROMs this weekend and see how much it improves.

I've got mine for 2 weeks now. Even just leaving it alone on standby, I'm burning about 2% per hour. So if I leave the house in the morning with 100%, by the time I get home in the evening, it'll be around 60%. I charge it up on the PC while at the office around mid day. Then charge again when I go to bed.

I tried to use it heavily one time...YouTube, games, surf, etc... got 4+ hours before going under 20%. It'll only get worse as the battery gets older.

It has been on the market for a while now. Any news on an aftermarket high cap battery yet?

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It will be difficult with the small battery space on the phone.

ROM
    Stock

I'm getting a good side of 7-8 hours.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Battery life is pretty short. I cant even play games for more than 3 or 4 hours (Maximum Brightness) before the battery dies or gets close to doing so.

ROM
    Stock

What games are you playing?

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by cobra302 View Post
    If you use the phone for what it is with nothing turned off under volted or anything you'll be good to get around 10 hours of good use. This will vary based on if you are playing graphics intensive games, making phone calls etc. Really good phone, really crappy battery in the grand scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fail

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    Fail
    My post is a fail or the phone? If my post, please share what apparently is your opinion.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by cobra302 View Post
    My post is a fail or the phone? If my post, please share what apparently is your opinion.

---
    Sent from your iPhone? I guess your Inspire is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    Sent from your iPhone? I guess your Inspire is dead.
    No I'm just not using it. Sorry op I won't steer the thread.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley105x View Post
    Battery life is pretty short. I cant even play games for more than 3 or 4 hours (Maximum Brightness) before the battery dies or gets close to doing so.
    Not to be insulting, but I actually find this kind of amusing. Kind of the like the guys that complain because their cell phone doesn't take professional looking pictures. If I was going to game for four straight hours on max brightness, I would just carry a portable game system. Sometimes I tend to think my phone is a mini computer, but then I am not surprised when the battery goes down when I use it as such.