Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Talking Will this Work?

I want, an android, but no carrier or service at all. Could I use the Inspire 4g as, well basically an ipod. I want to download apps, and movies and pictures, bu only use wifi. I plan on using apk files to download apps. Another thing is will this work with any device, like it I bought an Evo 3d, I turn it on, ccould I use wifi only?

Default Re: Will this Work?

You can just buy the phone and use it like a pda. Might be kinda expensive for just the phone though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnfocusedHTC View Post
    You can just buy the phone and use it like a pda. Might be kinda expensive for just the phone though.
    I will only pay 600.00, but when I turn it on will I be able to use, because I heard of people who have devices that don't work without service.

Well with the inspire it will. I'm trying this message on my phone with no sim card.

Yes, you can use it for the web on wifi even if you don't have an active account. All other features that don't require actual cellular connection (mp3 player, games, etc.) will still work. You can even still do all of the google and htc sync stuff so long as you do it over wifi. Only thing that will not work is the phone and non-wifi networking.
    I like being angry. It makes me happy.