Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Sabsa Prime for Inspire

Question Speakerphone automatically on?

I've had this phone since the end of Feb and it has never done this. This past weekend, my wife and I, were over at a friends house and we kept getting pestered on my phone by an ***** who wanted to start stuff with us. Point is, during that time my phone was passed to 3 ppl besides my wife and I. One of them, not my wife, pushed something and now all calls are through the speaker. Do any of you know how to keep the speaker from coming on everytime I make or receive a call or where the setting is to keep it from doing that? My phone is bone stock and non rooted. I have searched, read the manual cover to cover, and looked through all the settings with no answer. It is extremely annoying to have to shut the speaker off everytime I go to make or receive a phone call. Prior to this weekend it was never like that. Any help to resolve this will be much appreciated. If you have any ideas, please post them. Even if they don't work, I will still hit the "thanks" button for you.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Speakerphone automatically on?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRilix View Post
    I've had this phone since the end of Feb and it has never done this. This past weekend, my wife and I, were over at a friends house and we kept getting pestered on my phone by an ***** who wanted to start stuff with us. Point is, during that time my phone was passed to 3 ppl besides my wife and I. One of them, not my wife, pushed something and now all calls are through the speaker. Do any of you know how to keep the speaker from coming on everytime I make or receive a call or where the setting is to keep it from doing that? My phone is bone stock and non rooted. I have searched, read the manual cover to cover, and looked through all the settings with no answer. It is extremely annoying to have to shut the speaker off everytime I go to make or receive a phone call. Prior to this weekend it was never like that. Any help to resolve this will be much appreciated. If you have any ideas, please post them. Even if they don't work, I will still hit the "thanks" button for you.
    Are you sure your chin or cheek isn't touching the speaker button while you in the middle of the call?
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
    Thanked by:

Did you check your proximity sensor (little round photovoltaic to right of front speaker) to make sure its not covered with some schmutz?

A lightly dampened qtip would suffice for cleaning--Then it can used as a stylus afterwords as long as your finger maintains contact with the dampened cotton.

The point is that it sounds like you are constantly in "flip for speaker" sound mode.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Did you try rebooting the phone. Its a known issue that the accellerometer freezes and thinks it's always flipped face down
    Thanked by:

Take the battery out and re-boot. Mine did that once and a re-boot with the battery pull fixed it. It was freaking me out when it happened though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Sabsa Prime for Inspire

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have to tell you all what is going on. I called HTC this afternoon and they said the only thing they can think of is to "factory reset" the phone. Well, I told them I had some grocery shopping to do and I would do it earlier tonight. Did the shopping and when my wife went to call her cell to talk to her mom to check on our kids, she told me I didn't have to reset my phone. I asked her why, and she told that it doesn't do it anymore. I don't know what happened but I'm glad it is gone. Now, new question. I have seen a post about this somewhere this past spring and am wondering should I call HTC back about it since it is not a common problem and is more a quality control issue. This has pretty much been confirmed by the HTC support rep I talked to earlier. By the Search button, the display is not quite flush with the rest of the phone. I have dealt with it since I got it at the end of Feb and is not that big of a deal to me. Should I go ahead and call the warranty department and get my phone replaced, or should I just continue to ignore it unless it gets worse? Thanks in advance for helping me answer this new question. Once again thank you all for your help on my previous issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRilix View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I have to tell you all what is going on. I called HTC this afternoon and they said the only thing they can think of is to "factory reset" the phone. Well, I told them I had some grocery shopping to do and I would do it earlier tonight. Did the shopping and when my wife went to call her cell to talk to her mom to check on our kids, she told me I didn't have to reset my phone. I asked her why, and she told that it doesn't do it anymore. I don't know what happened but I'm glad it is gone. Now, new question. I have seen a post about this somewhere this past spring and am wondering should I call HTC back about it since it is not a common problem and is more a quality control issue. This has pretty much been confirmed by the HTC support rep I talked to earlier. By the Search button, the display is not quite flush with the rest of the phone. I have dealt with it since I got it at the end of Feb and is not that big of a deal to me. Should I go ahead and call the warranty department and get my phone replaced, or should I just continue to ignore it unless it gets worse? Thanks in advance for helping me answer this new question. Once again thank you all for your help on my previous issue.
    That, I think, is actually because of the way that the bottom plastic cover on the phone doesn't seem to fit as tight as we would like. I notice it sometimes, too. If I gently squeeze the front and back together at that corner, and it flushes up. Doesn't bother me too much, though, since I usually have it in a case for work. You can call HTC, if you like, and they will send you a new plastic cover at no charge.
    I like being angry. It makes me happy.
    Thanked by:

The cheap sim cover not sitting flush is a totally seperate issue from the screen lifting on the bottom right corner. The screen lifting is a known issue and is a cause for concern. There seems to be a lack of support under the screen in that corner. I can push on it and see it affect the screen a little, but my glass is not lifting. If the glass is lifting, it is only going to get worse over time and I have seen posts where people have reported getting dust under the screen.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's defiantly the proximity sensor or it thinks its in the flip down mode. If it does it again I'd factory reset it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

I would only do a factory reset as a last resort. First choice a restart, second a battery pull. I see a lot of people wanting to do a factory reset when a simple restart fixes most problems.
    Thanked by: