Installing apps from unknown sources

bibleguy125

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got an Inspire 4G a couple weeks ago. I messed with it for a few days, then reset the factory settings once I got it mostly figured out, then decided I didn't like how I had things set, so I did it again to get a clean slate and set things up how I wanted them. Plus for some reason my G calendars were not all loading, which this fixed as well.
My phone came with the "install apps from unknown sources" already on it. The first reset didn't change that, the second made it go away. I have updated to the latest version of software, but it is still not showing up. Any ideas?

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i chatted live with an ATT rep and they told me they cant do it. and sent me to the HTC Inspire website FAQ and they say that it is not available right now for this phone =[

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Inspire
Can I install non Android Market applications?
This option is not available on this device.

You need to open another chat session and ask for the update that allows third party downloads. I would not reference your previous chat session. I, and numerous others, have had this passed to us and installed on our devices. You appear to have chatted with a rep that did not know how to do it and took the easy way out by saying it was not available.

ateganda29

May 3, 2011
Visit site
how long did it take for the "third party application update" to get pushed to your device? i called att and the rep said she requested the push of the application. however, she said that it takes 90 minutes for the update to fully process. it wasn't instantaneous. she said that i will receive a text once the update has been successfully completed. was that how your experience was?

Judy android

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
how long did it take for the "third party application update" to get pushed to your device? i called att and the rep said she requested the push of the application. however, she said that it takes 90 minutes for the update to fully process. it wasn't instantaneous. she said that i will receive a text once the update has been successfully completed. was that how your experience was?
The rep I talked to yesterday said it would take up to 48 hours. So far I am at about hour 20.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site

waited 96 hours the first time. Chatted again and it took around 24 hours. Never received a text. Kept my phone on the whole time with wifi on.

Might be pee on a sparkplug here, but I get no more than two bars (usually one) at my home and work. I suspect that I got it while I was around the grocery store which is the shadow of an h+ tower. Maybe a tower trek would be in order, perhaps even see What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci