Confrimed AT&T Gingerbread Update for HTC Inspire 4G

Lefty2004

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I installed the RUU from the XDA link yesterday and it is 2.3.3. Seems to run pretty smoothly but I did lose root in the process. Will I still get an OTA if I'm running this?

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
What are the changes within sense.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

There are some minor cosmetic changes like a quick settings tab on the notifications drop down and page scrolling, instead of line scrolling, within the app drawer. Most noticeable for me is Sense actually syncing like it should. Most noticeable for the update, improved data speed from the changed apn, radio, and ril.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Any word on if this will allow the old school crt screen off animation seen on the nexus s?

This is not on the stock rom. Some of the devs are enabling in their custom roms. I have seen where there is a hack to enable it if rooted. I am planning on trying the hack when I get some free time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rgarza

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Already available if you dont have it call AT&T CS and they can send it to your phone
what number did you call to have it pushed to your phone? I called 18003310500 and the CS rep that she did not have the ability to do that. She couldn't tell me what date HTC Inspire 4g would be getting the OTA update either.

Thanks!

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
what number did you call to have it pushed to your phone? I called 18003310500 and the CS rep that she did not have the ability to do that. She couldn't tell me what date HTC Inspire 4g would be getting the OTA update either.

Thanks!

You'll have better luck with chat. Log into your att acct on your pc and use their chat tool on the far right of the support screen. Make sure you reference "3rd party apps" push using the cross-functional device manager (xdm) tool.

Dilrod

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Check out my post. I can try to help out. And I'm much faster than customer care.

lnx1138

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Check out my post. I can try to help out. And I'm much faster than customer care.

I wonder if y'all are talking about the same thing. One person asking about the third party app option which can be pushed out OTA by AT&T. This thread though is about Gingerbread update which I believe will be up tp HTC and through Wi-Fi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss