Official ATT Inspire 4G Gingerbread RUU

sooner4life

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So is the manual update via HTC Sync the same as the OTA, just not automatic?

Does anyone know any other tricks to get this to push down to the device. I have clicked "HTC Wifi Software Update" a dozen time and rebooted... Still no update. I'm in Dallas, TX if that matters. Thanks.

Atomicpunk

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I see that the official over the air update came out today (I was impatient, and installed the leaked RUU). My question to the Android Gurus out there....................Is the leaked RUU the same update as the official one that came out today, or do I need to go to the HTC website and re install the update? Im an Android newbie (converted from Blackberry). Thanks. :)

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just pulled mine out while it was on and waited 30-40 seconds and put it back in and pushed the power button to turn it back on, it booted and is working fine. Seems to work better then just a power down for some problems.

I really don't know if it makes a difference if you turn it off first or not. So far I have not turned mine off before pulling the battery.

The reason why the battery pull worked better is because you have FASTBOOT turned on. When I first got my Inspire that's the first thing I turned OFF. Turn it off and then turn the phone off, that will clear things from memory.

See how FastBoot works, is it keeps certain things in memory even when you turn the phone off, so it will boot faster when the phone is turned back on. The problem is, if you are having a problem and turn the phone off and back on, the issue you were having might still be in memory and not cleared.

I've solved some customer's problems by turning off fast boot. For example, I had a guy who's bluetooth was acting flaky and kept thinking a headset was connected even when not. He tried turning off and back on and still had issues. I turned off Fastboot and then turned it off and back on. Everything worked fine after that cause whatever was in memory causing the issue was cleared out.

Qun Mang

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Got the OTA update today for both phones. For one, MMS seems to still not work. The other claims to have sent MMS to the first but it is never received. Looks like I should have done a hard reset before updating. The update itself went well- so far so good.

Edit: wrote something, changed my mind, edited again with this retraction

Last edited:

Alan Bennett

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to this Android forum but I really need a RUU for my AT&T USA HTC INSPIRE 4G with radio 26.03.02.26. I screwed mine up and need to reflash it. I find one for the UK but something isn't right. When I press the power button it takes 20 minutes to come on. Then it vibrates for 10 more minutes. And everytime its powered down or restarted it takes 20 mins more.. Can someone please post me a link directly to where I can find this file? Thank You

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo