Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just got the update.

Checked my HTC Wifi update and it showed an update available. DL and installing now. Thought I would let everyone know.

Default Re: Just got the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugzwei View Post
    Checked my HTC Wifi update and it showed an update available. DL and installing now. Thought I would let everyone know.
    Yes, showed up under HTC WiFi in updates. Awesome!

I just got mine too. It's already installed....

ROM
    Redemption ICS ROM

Post from phone after successful update. So far so good.

Okay I'm really new to Android here, but are over-the-air updates available for every recent phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jugzwei View Post
    Is it 2.3.3, Software number 2.47.502.7? (Under settings> About phone> Software information> software number:______ ) ?

Thumbs up Re: Just got the update.

It pushed across wifi quickly and installed surprisingly fast...phone came back up configured exactly as before...no restore necessary...very smooth experience!
    peconic likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by patrick533 View Post
    Is it 2.3.3, Software number 2.47.502.7? (Under settings> About phone> Software information> software number:______ ) ?
    yep it is
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.3.5 + Sense 3.0

From Hitting the update to first boot: 15 minutes

Very smooth so far and very easy!
    HTC One
    HTC Inspire

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Mine took about 25 minutes from start to completion; perhaps my network connection wasn't as fast as some others. It did seem to go smoothly.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

ROM
    Redemption ICS ROM

Quote Originally Posted by oldescript View Post
    It pushed across wifi quickly and installed surprisingly fast...phone came back up configured exactly as before...no restore necessary...very smooth experience!
    Agreed! I went through all of my apps after the update and I only had to login to the Amazon apps (Kindle, Appstore, Cloud Player) though everything seemed fine. At first after it started, it seemed like it was still updating something so it seems slightly sluggish but after that was done it is nice and crisp response once again. Pretty happy it went so smoothly!

Oh yeah, forgot to add that the Unknown Sources in Setting->Applications was not checked (it had been before the update) so all I had to do was check it.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

No update for me yet. boo!
    Swimming, against the current, in a stream of b.s.

unless you have 3rd party apps from non-marketplace locations the RUU is painless as well.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Hmm....unfortunately my Swype doesn't seem to be working. I think I saw a pop-up message re Swype when I started to type my earlier post...but I accidentally clicked it off without reading it.

And, like INX38, I also had to re-check Unknown Sources.

Sent from my Desire HD (actually Inspire 4G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tadcu View Post
    Hmm....unfortunately my Swype doesn't seem to be working. I think I saw a pop-up message re Swype when I started to type my earlier post...but I accidentally clicked it off without reading it.

Go into your Swype Installer in Apps and do "generate license". Follow the instructions. Choose the plain keyboard, deactivate swype, get new license, reactivate swype... should work fine.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tadcu View Post

I replaced my Inspire 4G last week (insurance replace) and the new phone didn't have the "Install from unknown sources" option, which I expected. Does the update restore that capability, or do I need to sit on hold endlessly call AT&T support and have it pushed again?

Does anyone know any other tricks to get this to push down to the device. I have clicked "HTC Wifi Software Update" a dozen time and rebooted... Still no update. I'm in Dallas, TX if that matters. Thanks.

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPx

Quote Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
    I replaced my Inspire 4G last week (insurance replace) and the new phone didn't have the "Install from unknown sources" option, which I expected. Does the update restore that capability, or do I need to sit on hold endlessly call AT&T support and have it pushed again?
    The update includes the unknown sources option.

Quote Originally Posted by crgeis View Post
    Does anyone know any other tricks to get this to push down to the device. I have clicked "HTC Wifi Software Update" a dozen time and rebooted... Still no update. I'm in Dallas, TX if that matters. Thanks.
    The update supposedly is released batches, so not everyone can get access at once. You can download the update from HTC's page if you want it now (it will delete your data during the update).
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by frmorrison View Post
    Thank you.

The update supposedly is released batches, so not everyone can get access at once. You can download the update from HTC's page if you want it now (it will delete your data during the update).
    Thanks for the reply... That makes sense from a server load perspective.

I'm a noob to this FRMORRISON so I have another question...

Will manual not just reload the data just like the OTA version if I do it via HTC Sync?

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPx

Quote Originally Posted by crgeis View Post
    Will manual not just reload the data just like the OTA version if I do it via HTC Sync?
    The manual method (download from HTC) uses the recovery procedure from HTC Sync so it wipes all your data. You can backup some of your files using MyBackup and Google backs up some data if you have Backup Settings enabled in Privacy settings.

The OTA method just updates the system files and doesn't mess with the rest.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

Ok, we got it on my wife's phone in Wisconsin. however, it doesn't really seem to have chnaged anything, aside from the build number.

Seriously, I thought we were supposed to get Sense 3.0, and it was supposed to unlock the bloatware so I could get rid of it like I can on my Atrix. maybe I read something wrong.

The phone is just as fast as it was before. It was always quick.
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire
    Thanked by:
    EnderXXI likes this.

I just talked to somebody at AT&T and they said if I hadn't received it by now, i have to download it to my pc. Also, they said they can' t push it to my device. Sounds like bs to me.
    Last edited by jsz1002; 08-08-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

jon222010 - Thank you for the solution to get SWYPE working again.

Manually downloaded it from HTC here. The biggest thing I wish we got wad the updated lock screen.
    Jalarm likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast