Help with beginning Root

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I am going to try and root my Inspire 4G so I found these directions.
SDKs, drivers and roots - Oh, my! | Android Central

I completed step one and downloaded the SDK.

Now when I am trying to add the driver in step 2 I get an error message.

So I am following the directions and when I try to add this repository into the SDK manager like it said I keep getting this error message:

Failed to fetch URL http://dll-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository.xml/addon.xml, reason: dll-ssl.google.com

Any suggestions on how I fix this? Am I even going about this right?

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone -

I just updated to the new gingerbread yesterday and am loving the new features (especially the improved battery life!) Can anyone tell me if there is a way to root my phone with the new gingerbread? I am pretty sure if someone can just point me in the right direction I can figure it out, thanks!

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
You will need to go over to xda. I have heard that the ace hack kit has been updated to include include routing from stock os 2.3.3 on the inspire.

That is most likely where I will be in a few months after I get bored with the stock gingerbread update. Of course by then it will be football season and I'll have even less time. I was all set to root using bubby's one click about a month ago, even had my gold card ready, but there is something about a house with little children that can limit your technical awesomeness. "Not now, daddy is trying to become a superuser!"

Reactions: nystromproductions
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You will need to go over to xda. I have heard that the ace hack kit has been updated to include include routing from stock os 2.3.3 on the inspire.

That is most likely where I will be in a few months after I get bored with the stock gingerbread update. Of course by then it will be football season and I'll have even less time. I was all set to root using bubby's one click about a month ago, even had my gold card ready, but there is something about a house with little children that can limit your technical awesomeness. "Not now, daddy is trying to become a superuser!"
@repligator I appreciate the information my friend. I hear you about football season starting, I guess that's why I am trying to get it done now! Haha! Classic! I will head over to xda and see what's happening. If I get it figured out I will post back in here with the information and link, thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey