Google Talk

digirati99

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Gtalk will ever get the ability to transfer files? I previously was a blackberry user and BBM allowed for the transfer of voice, music, pics and other files. Why doesn't Gtalk allow this? Such a powerful phone that this seems almost basic.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that the gtalk app that runs on the phone and is also embedded into your desktop gmail account are just plugins. In order to have the full file transfer functionality you must be using the gtalk software which is only available for the computer.

There are a few third party apps that use your gtalk and allow file transfer with other gtalk users, but most of them appear to be total crap. let me know if you find a good one

digirati99

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that the gtalk app that runs on the phone and is also embedded into your desktop gmail account are just plugins. In order to have the full file transfer functionality you must be using the gtalk software which is only available for the computer.

There are a few third party apps that use your gtalk and allow file transfer with other gtalk users, but most of them appear to be total crap. let me know if you find a good one

Can you give me the names of the crappy ones..just to try out. If I come up with some better ones, I will pass along as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12