Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread - contacts gone

I updated to 2.3 last night and when it was finished my Contacts are empty except for My Profile. If I look in Groups, all the groups are there and all the contacts are there, but not in the main People. I've gone into settings and Address book and verified that I've got it set to sync with my gmail account, and I've run sync, but the main contacts stays empty. How do I get my contacts back into the main People area?

Make sure you are logged into HTC Sense and it is set to sync. It should sync your contacts back onto your phone. If you were using strictly Google, log into Gmail on your PC and see if your contacts are there. If they are not, then you never properly setup sync with Google.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Also, when you have Contacts open, go to menu > view and make sure Google contacts are checked for viewing.

Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Gingerbread - contacts gone

Quote Originally Posted by fernandezhjr View Post
    Also, when you have Contacts open, go to menu > view and make sure Google contacts are checked for viewing.

That was it!

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 JB. (for Now)

Quote Originally Posted by markpace View Post
    I updated to 2.3 last night and when it was finished my Contacts are empty except for My Profile. If I look in Groups, all the groups are there and all the contacts are there, but not in the main People. I've gone into settings and Address book and verified that I've got it set to sync with my gmail account, and I've run sync, but the main contacts stays empty. How do I get my contacts back into the main People area?
    I ran into the same problem. The contact list has been moved and as far as I have been able to figure out they can not be moved back. To open your contact list press Phone then close the keypad and there is your contact list.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandezhjr View Post
    Make sure you are logged into HTC Sense and it is set to sync. It should sync your contacts back onto your phone. If you were using strictly Google, log into Gmail on your PC and see if your contacts are there. If they are not, then you never properly setup sync with Google.

What exactly does that mean-- log into HTC Sense? I didn't think that was something we logged into. Where and how do we "log" into HTC Sense? I'm having the same issue... all "phone" contacts are gone. The gmail contacts are still there, just not the ones for phone only. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AvisEditGuy View Post
    What exactly does that mean-- log into HTC Sense? I didn't think that was something we logged into. Where and how do we "log" into HTC Sense? I'm having the same issue... all "phone" contacts are gone. The gmail contacts are still there, just not the ones for phone only. Thanks.
    Menu>Settings>Accounts &sync. HTC Sense should be there with a green button. If not, choose add account. Also, you want to make sure contacts are viewable. Open People, select Menu>view and make sure you have your wanted choices checked.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

I'm sort of in the same boat...my main contact list has gone from over 100 to down to 61. A number of my contacts are now in my Facebook list. the only way I can get to them now is to open up the facebook list. The problem is...I don't want my entire facebook list to show with my phone contacts as there are well over 2000 people in my facebook contact list. Is there a way to just move some of the people in the facebook list back over to my main list?