1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Unlock

I know that AT&T waits for 6 months before they consider releasing the official unlock code. Today is the 6 month mark. How would i approach AT&T about the code? Who do I ask for? I need to use my phone in Italy next month and just can not afford AT&T international rates for data (Google Maps) and voice. I would like to use a local telecom sim while there.

Default Re: AT&T Unlock

You call them up and ask for the unlock code. That's what I did earlier today and I now have an unlocked Inspire 4G, free of charge, via AT&T.

One question. Who will you be getting a sim from in Italy that has prepaid data? Vodafone.it? I've been searching, but cannot find any info. on prepaid data. I'm going to Italy later this year and would like to know....thanks.

<DELETED>

What I've heard before is that AT&T will give you the code after you've had the phone 90 days. I don't know b/c I've not had to travel that soon after a new phone yet, but I've gotten the unlock codes for my last 3 phones from them.

It's always been painless for me. Just a short phone call every time. Make sure you have a non-AT&T sim card handy though. Otherwise you won't be able to get to the menu to enter the code, and confirm that it works.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by brad_wp View Post
    What I've heard before is that AT&T will give you the code after you've had the phone 90 days. I don't know b/c I've not had to travel that soon after a new phone yet, but I've gotten the unlock codes for my last 3 phones from them.

It's always been painless for me. Just a short phone call every time. Make sure you have a non-AT&T sim card handy though. Otherwise you won't be able to get to the menu to enter the code, and confirm that it works.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.
    AT&T gave me the code no problem. I just purchased the phone last week but have been an AT&T custermer for years.
    I dont know yet which mobile service I will use in Italy but when I do I will post it for you.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Mackie99
    Here is the best web site I have found to help determine Italian Prepaid Mobile Dara

I've only dealt with local pre-paid sim cards/service in the Middle East and several Asian countries. Everywhere I've been you can just stop into any convenience store and pick up the sim cards and reload cards. Most services will allow you to add minutes by credit card over the phone (which I haven't done too often, something about entering my credit info over the phone in a foreign country).

I never really did any research before going (didn't always know where I'd end up), but I'd just ask the folks at the counter what the best service for what I wanted to do was.

Quote Originally Posted by buchpaul View Post
    Mackie99
    Here is the best web site I have found to help determine Italian Prepaid Mobile Dara
    Thanks for the link. I actually found that one a few weeks ago. I don't know why it's so hard to find prepaid data in other countries.