1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default messages not showing contact name or image

Ever since the update, some of my text messages won't show my contact images or their names. It will show the phone number twice instead of the name, example: 555-555-1234 (M 555-555-1234). I've deleted a contact, then it only shows the # once and I can readd them to my contacts & connect again to Facebook and the pictures there. But there are quite a few contacts like this and I don't really want to have to delete/readd them all...any suggestions??? Restarting phone doesn't work, already done that multiple times for my gallery images..

There is already a thread about this with 36 replies. Read it and you will find out you are out of luck. There is only a work around of using a third party app.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Default Re: messages not showing contact name or image

Delete your task killing app...it is killing the application that updates your contacts with facebook, email, ect.
    It is working for me for now...(:

ROM
    Android Revoluution HD6.1

Default Re: messages not showing contact name or image

Download handcent sms from the market, it works like a charm, HTC knows about it and said they are working on a update, but who knows. Also quickpic for disappearing photo's, works like a charm. You can also root and flash a custom rom, works even better. good luck