messages not showing contact name or image

droidB

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update, some of my text messages won't show my contact images or their names. It will show the phone number twice instead of the name, example: 555-555-1234 (M 555-555-1234). I've deleted a contact, then it only shows the # once and I can readd them to my contacts & connect again to Facebook and the pictures there. But there are quite a few contacts like this and I don't really want to have to delete/readd them all...any suggestions??? Restarting phone doesn't work, already done that multiple times for my gallery images..

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
There is already a thread about this with 36 replies. Read it and you will find out you are out of luck. There is only a work around of using a third party app.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

paarth195

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Delete your task killing app...it is killing the application that updates your contacts with facebook, email, ect.
It is working for me for now...:)

Brylouton

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Download handcent sms from the market, it works like a charm, HTC knows about it and said they are working on a update, but who knows. Also quickpic for disappearing photo's, works like a charm. You can also root and flash a custom rom, works even better. good luck:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair