changed gmail password and now phone won't synch

gdgrossman

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Today I changed my google master password via my PC and lo and behold I can't seem to change it on my phone or get it to resynch. I've read of several techniques on the droid forums but none seem to work on the inspire. For example I've tried refreshing my open email client multiple times but all I get are login failures. Then I try to resynch via accounts and all I get are synch failures. I started to delete the gmail account and then progressing through the sequence I got the screen that said the only way to do this was to reset my phone to factory settings = losing everything from the last 4 months #@%@#%$^. I've searched the archives to no avail. Surely there's a solution to this problem. Help me Master Yoda, help me. TIA, g2

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
First you will not loose any of your Gmail email. Email is actually on the server at all times when using gmail vs being downloaded to the device like POP3 or cloned as on a BlackBerry. Deleting the account will have no loss but a device factory reset will wipe all your apps.

LOL, google is your friend.

Changing gmail password - Android Forums