Thinking of Ordering Refurb Inspire

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Black Jack II and am tired of waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Holiday, or iPhone 5. Plus, I know those will be at least $200 on contract.

So, I am considering caving in and getting an Inspire. The phone seems nice but doesn't seem a good value for $100 on contract when I know (or think I know) that those other three phones just gotta be out in the next couple of months (don't they???). But a refurb Inspire for $10 from the online AT&T store seems like a good deal. Really, I shouldn't be spending $200 any time soon anyway...

So, what could be the downsides of a refurb?

bigwig001

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a refurb one to replace my iPhone4 that died, again..... Hopefully this foray into the Android universe will be all I hope it is.
As for the refurb, you only get a 90 day warranty, but still get AT&T's 30 exchange, so if this stinks or the Galaxy S2 come out, I will be exchanging!!

The Architect

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If you have a Sam's Club membership (or a friend that does), you can get a NEW Inspire for $49 on contract. With 30 return and no re-stocking fee. That is what my wife and I did.

I think its a good phone... a great phone for $99... and a complete steal for $49.

Reactions: PSUGradAtl

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought AT&T recently reduced the price of 1st gen 4G phones. So a brand new Inspire is 20-30 bucks at the store instead of the former 100 price.

I had just been checking the AT&T online store for price comparison. But, if the new ones at the store are that cheap then I will go that route. I would rather buy at the store anyway. I have experienced that before but had forgotten that online deals can differ from store deals.

Do they charge restocking fees for exchanges? I realize they can do whatever they want... just looking for what people have personally experienced.

....still though... just that nagging suspicion that what I really want will finally come out just a couple days after my exchange period runs out... sheesh

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
If you have a Sam's Club membership (or a friend that does), you can get a NEW Inspire for $49 on contract. With 30 return and no re-stocking fee. That is what my wife and I did.

I think its a good phone... a great phone for $99... and a complete steal for $49.

Thanks for the tip!

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
....still though... just that nagging suspicion that what I really want will finally come out just a couple days after my exchange period runs out... sheesh

Don't worry about that. Everyone has been reporting today on the tech sites that the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II will be out on October 2nd. And yes, it will be 200 on contract. Probably means it will be about 700 off contract.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the inspire 4G is a fantastic device and more than worth $49 ... I can't wait to try out the GSII though, tad smaller screen newer OS and more muscle :)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the others said, I just read the first post.
If you have a costco membership you can get the phone for around $15 brand new I believe...if not cheaper (It may actually be a penny now -- on contract.)
In all honesty though, I'd wait it out. Refurb isn't worth it in my opinion. Especially with the HTC holiday and other great phones around the corner. The HTC Inspire is an amazing phone, don't get me wrong. It will definitely get everything and anything you need of it done in a blink of an eye -- if You're not going to need dual core or a front facing camera or a bigger screen then go for the HTC Inspire...if not then you would be better off waiting for HTC holiday... :)

~Sovereign

bigwig001

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I went for it and just received my refurb device yesterday. Setup was a breeze, although I don't like how I set up to have all my Facebook contacts in my phone contacts. I an sure there us a way to remove them. So far I love this phone. The only issue with the refurbished phone is you don't get a complete users manual. I'm not sure if you get a complete one with a new phone or not! Happy I made the jump.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
With my original phone I didn't get a manual either (just a quick start guide) and a link to the HTC user guide pdf.

When I click Contacts I don't see my facebook contacts; click People, click menu, then view your options. All my contacts are stored with my Google profile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane