Sense update on Inspire?

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
There is work for a build for the Desire HD (the European version of Inspire) with Android 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0. As to whether it will be released for Inspire, who knows? It is possible.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Most likely the one where messages do not get properly associated with a contact...

Thank you for clarifying. I had that prob on the Samsung Fascinate that I tried last December. I returned the Fascinate before the Verizon trial period ended, and waited for the HTC Inspire which I obtained February 14. I have never had a messaging (or any!) issue with the Inspire. :)

I figured the prob with texts going to the wrong recipient had been fixed long ago . . . I'm sorry to hear it's apparently still occurring.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I figured the prob with texts going to the wrong recipient had been fixed long ago . . . I'm sorry to hear it's apparently still occurring.

That's not the problem people are having. Since the Gingerbread update, incoming text messages (using the stock app) aren't displaying the person's name (from you phone book), only the number, as if the person isn't in your phone book.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
That's not the problem people are having. Since the Gingerbread update, incoming text messages (using the stock app) aren't displaying the person's name (from you phone book), only the number, as if the person isn't in your phone book.

Eweeeee, that makes me glad that I put the gb update on hold. I read about various issues after gb was installed on the Inspire, and I'm too contented with my stock Inspire to chance a great deal of inconvenience . . .

melemail410

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My inspire was doing that (num instead of contact name on text) along with dropping calls 15 times in a row. I called ATT warranty, they updated the firm ware and did a factory reset. So far everything is perfect on my phone. It actually seems to work better than before.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My inspire was doing that (num instead of contact name on text) along with dropping calls 15 times in a row. I called ATT warranty, they updated the firm ware and did a factory reset. So far everything is perfect on my phone. It actually seems to work better than before.
Curious to what firmware upgrade you received?
As I am having the same issue with messages showing a contact number but not a name for contacts that are in my contact list