Car mode will not stop turning on????

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, my phone has been driving me off the walls lately. Weather im pluged in to a car or a charing dock my phone goes into this car panel mode an does not turn off unless i hit the menu button to turn it off. This is happiening every time i use my damn phone an driving me nuts. I will be using the internet,youtube, facebook, what ever it is an this damn thing turns to car mode an backs me out of everything im doing. Ive tried looking in my manage apps but i cant find what im looking for.

The screen turns to a black back ground with 6 large icons
Ones says footprints, navigation,voice search,view map,search, and make a call
The only options i have when in this screen by pressing the menu button are....
Settings witch does nothing but change the background light settings an the other is exit

Hitting exit gets me out of it, then at random using my other apps or just playing with my phone it turns back on an kicks me out of everything.
Im getting pissed an i have no clue what to do any help would be great guys thanks

PS ive restarted my phone pulled the battery out an nothing works

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to say that this is doing it no matter if im pluged in or not. Ill pull it out of my pocket to look at the time an its in this mode, i go to start a text an half way in the text it backs me out an does it again. im lost guys

THE festivedonkey

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I had pretty much the same problem starting a couple weeks after I bought the phone. The difference was that it would go in to USB mass storage mode and wouldn't allow me to leave the page AT ALL. Being fed up with this, I decided to root and install a different rom. I have no idea what causes that sort of problem, but if you aren't worried about voiding any warranties I would suggest rooting and installing a new rom.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Sensu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately i had this same issue several months ago. ends up my phone completely died and would not recover or boot up past the loading screen. I had to send it in and have the main board replaced :(

I did notice that the issue started a while after i started using an after market wall charger that i picked up for a couple of dollars. Coincidence? not sure.

Good Luck sorry my post wasn't any more informative.