How do I change my messaging so it shows contact names instead of their number when I get messages?
    Running stock GB 2.3.3

Thanks
    10-17-2011 09:57 AM
    I guess there is no fix, per AT&T Tech Support
    They told me they've had lots of complaints but HTC has not given them an ETA when a fix will be available, and to go get a 3rd party messaging app until then.
    10-17-2011 10:09 AM
    Yeah, HTC really screwed us on this one. I've contacted them twice. The first time (early September) they said they were aware of it and a fix was being worked on. The second time (early October) they said they knew of no such fix.

Anyway, I've been using Handcent. I actually like it much better than the stock app. Even if they fixed the problem I would still use it.
    pounder001 likes this.
    10-17-2011 05:28 PM
    Do a search. I posted a workaround long ago.
    10-22-2011 11:11 AM
    Do a search. I posted a workaround long ago.
    There is a difference between a fix and a work around. Not everyone wants to have to install a third party app as a fix. Personally, I don't care for those third party apps myself. It is not asking to much to expect HTC to provide a fix, considering it is their software flaw. Unfortunately, it seems that HTC doesn't care, since it has been over two months since release.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 11:51 AM
    I ended up downloading Go SMS Pro,as a workaround, so far so good although as already mentioned I shouldn't have to do this.
    My guess is that HTC nor AT&T care as the Inspire is "old news" with all of the new phones coming to market.
    10-23-2011 09:49 PM
    My guess is that HTC nor AT&T care as the Inspire is "old news" with all of the new phones coming to market.
    That is why I finally rooted today. Now I just have to decide which ROM to use
    10-26-2011 04:57 PM
    I had that problem when updated OTA gingerbread, Got handcent no problems after that, it works great. Also got quikpic for disappearing pics. Or root and a flash custom rom. I now have 2.3.5 running 3.0 sense with no problems of anything missing or disappearing If you don't want to root get handcent.
    10-29-2011 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD