HTC Inspire and Ice Cream Sandwich???

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll say this. I was against rooting. Why root if you have a phone that does what it was programmed to so and you bought it knowing that. Then I got the erge to root my phone and play around with it. Never looked back. There is a Rom for everyone. Once a good ICS comes out for the inspire I'll probly load it up.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Lord Clockan's IceColdSandwich ICS rom is pretty stable. He just added Inspire sound fixes so there's nothing extra to flash. I would honestly rather have an AOSP ICS rom instead of ICS Sense. I saw that video of Sense 4.0 and I started feeling sick to my stomach :)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait for cm9 woot ace your a God ROT YOUR PHONE PEOPLE IVE ROOTED IT AND HOLY THIS IS A GOOD BUILD CM7 CANT WAIT FOR CM9 WOOT WOOT WOOT GO TO XDA LOOK FOR THE ACE HACK KIT READ THE EFFIN MANUAL ITS NOT A VIRUS BELIEVE ME I CHECKED REAE THE EFFIN MANUAL I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. CAJUN IS IN THE. TXT FILES FOR WINDOWS USERS PLUG IT INTO A USB2.0 OR HIGHER ON THE MOTHER BOARD NO FRONT USB CONNECTIONS IF YU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUNG. DOING YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE READ THE MANUAL SERIOUSLY I ALMOST BRICKED KINE BC I USED AN OLD USB CABLE I DIDNT KNOW IT HAD A SHORT IN IT BUMPED IT WITH THE MOUSE OOPS BUT IM GOO MOW ;)

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Do not hold your breath waiting for CM9 for the Inspire. According to the CM website they may not be able to support the Qualcomm QSD8255 Snapdragon which powers the Inspire/Desire HD and a few other phones like the Nexus One and the first EVO. They did not say ICS was out for these phones. We may still get CM9 down the line. But there are a lot of phones they will build CM9 for first. I am running the aospX version 18. Its an Alpha build of AOSP ICS 4.0.3 everything works great except the Video Recorder. Heck I even got an Email from Google saying Congrats on your new Gnex. Did not have the heart to tell them I was running ICS on an Inspire.

Last edited:

manicalchemist

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
@randyw actually the nexus one and EVO 4G use a drastically different processor compared to the desirehd and the inspire. The nexus one uses a 1st gen snapdragon with an adreno 200 while the desirehd uses a 2nd gen snapdragon with adreno 205. Anyway HTC officially said that the desirehd will get ICS along with sense 4.0.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

DaElderGeek

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have searched everywhere, I cannot find the ICS rom for this phone anywhere...

Look for the Ascension and Virtuous Quattro Roms over on XDA. They're both ICS roms and I've tried them both. They are still works in progress with significant short comings and bugs. I ended up going back to WCX Illuminati 2.8 after the sound software subsystem broke on Virtuous Quattro.

Last edited:

DaElderGeek

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
. . . . . I am running the aospX version 18. Its an Alpha build of AOSP ICS 4.0.3 everything works great except the Video Recorder. . . . ..

I tried this one but had to back it out when the sound software subsystem completely quit. I thought I had a hardware problem until I flashed my old, reliable, WCX Illuminati 2.8.

stoffrld

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I too have been looking for ICS.The Ispire is suppose to be able to run it with what I've Learned,am a NooB
to these phones and have went around the circle to much.Still have not figured out how to do it unless SDM mgr is the trick.On XDA? Only appears to be a sdk mgr program?Some help would be appreciated,I'm begining to feel like a dumb-a** Please email me some info,stoffrld@q.com I'll have to owe ya one! LOL

stoffrld

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I too have been looking for ICS.The Ispire is suppose to be able to run it with what I've Learned,am a NooB
to these phones and have went around the circle to much.Still have not figured out how to do it unless SDK mgr is the trick.On XDA? Only appears to be a sdk mgr program?Some help would be appreciated,I'm begining to feel like a dumb-a** Please email me some info,stoffrld@q.com I'll have to owe ya one! LOL

DaElderGeek

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
to these phones and have went around the circle to much.Still have not figured out how to do it unless SDK mgr is the trick.On XDA? Only appears to be a sdk mgr program?Some help would be appreciated,I'm begining to feel like a dumb-a** Please email me some info,stoffrld@q.com I'll have to owe ya one! LOL
ICS is out there in various states of completion and works on the Inspire. Is your phone rooted? That's step number one.

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
ICS is out there in various states of completion and works on the Inspire. Is your phone rooted? That's step number one.

We.have a version here in the inspire rom section we just added today.

IF we get an.official it will be several months and it will be for the.desire HD. I personally doubt att will give it to the non rooted users after releasing the note and the upcoming sgs3.

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking bacon...ics style

DaElderGeek

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
We.have a version here in the inspire rom section we just added today.

IF we get an.official it will be several months and it will be for the.desire HD. I personally doubt att will give it to the non rooted users after releasing the note and the upcoming sgs3.

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking bacon...ics style

I saw that earlier and I jumped right on it. Thanx! I've flashed it and am going through setup now. The video is greatly improved. I'd love to have a compatible FM Radio app but Tune-in will do for now. Keep up the good work.

"The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic."

Sir Arthur C. Clarke

Reactions: anonymous938475893

rorreo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
is anyone willing to get me started i was i was finally able to root my htc inspire, now i would like to change the rom to ICS is anyone willing to show me show to get started i would like to learn:) i cant figure out where to put the rom i downloaded into zip folder so that i can locate it on clockwork mod, i close, just kinda need some pointers sorry if its on wrong post

Last edited:

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
is anyone willing to get me started i was i was finally able to root my htc inspire, now i would like to change the rom to ICS is anyone willing to show me show to get started i would like to learn:) i cant figure out where to put the rom i downloaded into zip folder so that i can locate it on clockwork mod, i close, just kinda need some pointers sorry if its on wrong post
Head over to XDA and check out the Inspire threads. You can find anything you want to know. Also You tube has many videos that can show you what you need to do.

Last edited:

DaElderGeek

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Randy W has it just right. I've only been with Android since December and YouTube is how I figured out what to do. I've tried most of the ICS Roms, both AOSP and Sense based. IMO the best pure AOSP ICS ROM is LorD ClockaN's Ice Cold Sandwich, which is now up to version 7. Just about everything works, including the camera. I don't think any of the Sense based ICS ROMS have working cameras, however, things are progressing rapidly. There are a couple of indispensable tools; Rom Manager and Titanium Backup. I use them so much I bought the paid versions and I'd recommend that you consider it as well. Check out the videos and if you still need some clarity, post back.

DaElderGeek

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Were not gonna get it period YOU AT&T!!

But who says we have to wait for AT&T? I've been going back and forth with 5 different ports of ICS:

1. Ice-Sense (ICS & Sense 4.0)
  2. Existz (AOSP)
  3. Primo-S (ICS & Sense 4.0)
  4. RD-MIUI (ICS & ???)
  5. Ice Cold Sandwich (AOSP)

And two Gingerbread Roms:

• WCX-Illuminati (GB 2.3.5 & Sense 3.5; stock without crapware)
  • Cyanogen Mod 7.2 (GB 2.3.7)

My favorites in no particular order are WCX, Cyanogen, & Ice Cold Sandwich, all of which are stable and feature complete enough to be daily drivers. This morning felt like a WCX kind of day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy