Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default shattered screen

My son dropped my phone. The screen is shattered. I put packaging tape over the glass so I wouldn't cut my finger. If still works though. Grrrrrrrr.

Default Re: shattered screen

That's what insurance is for.

Not really, by the time you pay the deductible, and they send you a refurb, you might as well just bought a used phone. Also, if you sweet talk them, and depending on how long you've been a customer they might give you the contract price for an off contract phone.

not really, my wife ran over her inspire a month ago. We had insurance, so we called it in and we had a new phone in the mail 2 days later. Just got billed for the insurance and it was $125. I'd say that's fair. And cheaper than what you can find used.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ATT will let me renew my contract today. I don't know what I want though! Opinions?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Anyone here ever replaced a broken screen? Is it pretty easy?

I got a new phone when I threw my Nokia E71x off the 3rd floor at work.
    TCF

How did it shatter? It has Gorilla Glass, which is lamented. It would crack, but not actually shatter. Could be a defect.
    Host of The Checkered Flag
    Automotive Blogger/Podcaster/Student/Host at Outback Steakhouse
    http://twitter.com/johnfeinberg
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by TCF View Post
    How did it shatter? It has Gorilla Glass, which is lamented. It would crack, but not actually shatter. Could be a defect.
    The 12 year old dropped it. None of the glass came out, but it is cracked in several places. I think the screen protector kept the glass from falling out. Right now I have packaging tap over the screen to hold it all together.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

here is a picture of the phone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shattered screen-htcphone.jpg