download photos/slideshows from text messages?

Judy android

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I know this question has been asked before, but sometimes there are new answers. The first time I received a photo in a text message, it downloaded and is now in a downloads folder that I can view with Gallery. I have received another photo, and can't figure out how to download it. If I press the screen while I am viewing the picture, I see three icons at the bottom of the screen, with horizontal bars, vertical bars, and a picture of a very old-style computer. Other forum users talk about the "download" button, but I can't find one. The second photo I received shows in the message as a slideshow, bt it is only one photo.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope one day I'll learn enough to be able to help others!

Judy android

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Folks? Did I not explain the problem, or what did I do wrong to not get replies? I have tried pressing the image while it is in the list of messages. If I do this, I see the image in a larger size. If I now press on this, I see three icons, none of which offers to save the attachment.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The download button is the button on the far right that looks like a floppy disk. Just press that and it will bring you to a list of attached pictures to save. It lets you save more than one picture that way too, like if someone sent you a slideshow. Hope that helped :)

Judy android

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
My button on the right looks like an old-stype Mac computer. When I press it (long or short press) nothing happens. If I press the button in the middle, I go back to the list of messages. The button the left takes me to a list with one item in it, a slideshow, time set at 10 seconds. If I press the item in the list, sometimes it turns green, but it turns back white when I lift my finger. If I press the list theader (named Slideshow) noting happens. If I press the Menu button at the bottom of the screen I get the keyboard.

Judy android

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
After reading a recommendation from another forum, I downloaded and installed Quickpic.I then tried again to download the troublesome photo, by pressing the icon that looks like the original Mac computer, and this time it worked. I have no idea why, but I'm glad the problem is solved.

Judy android

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
All these months later, someone showed me how to download photos. My second photo, the one I could never download, had come from a slideshow. I needed to press pause (the icon in the middle of the bottom of the screen) to pause the slideshow, even though there was only one photo in it, then press icon on the right that looks like an old mac computer to save the photo.

I know sometimes it is hard for those of you who have used these phones for months to remember all of the steps and issues, but I thought I'd post this in case there is another person having the same problem I am.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz