Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Someone please help me locate lost phone!

So I just bought an UNLOCKED HTC Inspire 4g about a week ago.. I put my T-mobile SIM card in it and have been using it with my Tmobile account. I bought it off craigslist and the guy installed some kind of operating system called 'MIUI'.. im not very familiar with this and what the differences are with that and the android opperating system...

SO I LOST MY PHONE last night.. literally looked everywhere, not sure if someone snagged it or what, So i have installed several GPS locating apps via computer, such as 'Wheres my droid', 'McAfee WaveSecure', and 'Android Lost'.. in My App Market account it's telling me that they have all completed installation. However when I go to text my phone to figure out the GPS (following the correct guidelines of these applications) I am recieving nothing... Is this because of my MIUI software or what? Will they not work because of this? All my other Android apps have worked fine, although like I said I had only had it for about a week so Im not all that familiar with it... IF SOMEONE CAN PLEASE PLEAE PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING that would be great.. I need to try and figure this out ASAP while the phone is still turned on before the battery dies so I can locate it somehow with a GPS...

Also wondering if I call my service provider, Tmobile, if theres any way they'd be able to locate it for me ?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: Someone please help me locate lost phone!

Not sure how you installed apps to your phone without having your phone. These all appear to need to be configured after installation. I wish you luck in finding you phone, but I think the apps aren't working because they haven't been configured.

I would call T-Mobile and see if there has been any activity on it. That will help you determine if it was stolen.

Take a look at this app on the market.

Plan B

Haven't used it but it sounds like it may be what you need.

ROM
    RCMix3D Runny v4.0

Quote Originally Posted by sharksfan7 View Post
    Take a look at this app on the market.

Plan B

Haven't used it but it sounds like it may be what you need.
    Wow, that's great. That seems like something everyone should have on hold for "just in case." Great find.

*Good luck on finding your phone*

ROM
    RcMix3D

Well you should have the ablity to locate your phone via HTC too. If you set up the account via Sense. I personally use the Lookout program. I have misplaced my phone a couple of times and i have just logged onto lookout and signed into my account and located my phone that way. It sends a screem (a siren noise) to your phone. Good luck finding it.

Plan B only works if the device already has Lookout installed. Also, you may not be getting the updates to locate if someone removed your sim and put in their own.
    T-Mobile can't really help other than letting you know when it was last used, but not where. They also cannot "lock" the phone, only iphones and Verizon cdma devices) can do that.
    Sorry, and good luck?

Quote Originally Posted by SoreAintya View Post
    Plan B only works if the device already has Lookout installed. Also, you may not be getting the updates to locate if someone removed your sim and put in their own.
    Not necessarily true.

From Plan B description on Market page: Having Lookout on your phone is the best way to protect your phone and find it fast, but use Plan B if you have already lost your phone and didn't have Lookout installed

Also, since the Market is based off of the gmail address, if someone just switched the sim the app would still install if it was connected to a wireless network, including just wifi. As a matter of fact, I just installed Plan B to my phone without a sim at all, connected only to my wifi, and it located the phone with a few minutes.

Someone would need to perform a factory reset in order to wipe out the primary gmail address associated with the Market account or be disconnected from all wireless networks.

Obviously it's not a complete solution that'll find a lost phone every time. But it can be a useful tool to try if the need arises.

Default Re: LOST MY HTC INSPIRE

How can I use my 'Find my phone feature' ? my phone was lost last night, I am currently in Nicaragua.

know this is an old post, however it may prove useful for anybody visiting the thread:

We are professionals in tracking lost and stolen phones, check out our new fb page and contact us if your phone is still lost, it may not be a lost cause afterall, cheers, Owen.

https://www.facebook.com/stolenphonehelp