AT&T Throttling me for 2 gigs use
05-16-2012 08:54 AM
- I was reading an article this morning that made a very valid point.
As we, with the unlimited plan, try to watch our data usage, the top 5% will go down from ~2gb to <2gb.
Let's see if we can't make this backfire
I contend we go the other direction. Watch your data usage for the first part of your cycle. In the last 3-4 days...f'ing run it up son!!!
After I was throttled last month I was able to gobble up another 1.5-2gb of data in the last 2 days of my cycle. I muted the phone and streamed pandora and tunein radio at the same time for about 12-18 hours straight.
UNLIMITEDS UNITE!!!!02-08-2012 07:05 PM
- Then you just buy a phone off ebay with clean esn and pop youre simcard in.Did this for several years to save my upgrade.Sim card wears out just go buy another from at&t or do a sim card only activation.If they end unlimited data,guess what thats breach of contract so ETF!Then i'll head off to Sprint or Straight talk.02-22-2012 12:26 AM
- You guys won't like this answer very much, however this is from your AT&T contract:
1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?
We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.
IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE.
If you lose your eligibility for a particular rate plan, we may change your rate plan to one for which you qualify.02-22-2012 02:09 AM
- Then you just buy a phone off ebay with clean esn and pop youre simcard in.Did this for several years to save my upgrade.Sim card wears out just go buy another from at&t or do a sim card only activation.If they end unlimited data,guess what thats breach of contract so ETF!Then i'll head off to Sprint or Straight talk.02-22-2012 08:08 AM
- Sounds like AT&T finally made it clear:
In an article on USA Today by Roger Yu
The wireless carrier said Thursday that it will throttle the data slow the transmission speed for customers with "unlimited" data plans when they reach 3 gigabytes of data usage within a billing cycle. Customers who use its fastest "4G" data network, called LTE, would experience a slowdown at 5 GB of data usage.
I guess small battles in small claims court can have a big impact.03-02-2012 12:14 AM
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t/1...ml#post162513403-02-2012 09:15 AM
- 03-02-2012 09:09 PM
As I can see that you work at ATT I can't manage to unlock my iphones which are locked on ATT.
If you can manage to get them unlocked for me by giving you IMEI numbers i'll pay you 20 $ / iphone unlocked
Please hit me asap if you can help me.
Michael05-16-2012 04:11 AM
- 05-16-2012 08:54 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- AT&T Inspire 4G
AT&T Throttling me for 2 gigs use
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD