Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: AT&T Throttling me for 2 gigs use

Quote Originally Posted by jess.hickey View Post
    I was reading an article this morning that made a very valid point.

As we, with the unlimited plan, try to watch our data usage, the top 5% will go down from ~2gb to <2gb.

Let's see if we can't make this backfire

I contend we go the other direction. Watch your data usage for the first part of your cycle. In the last 3-4 days...f'ing run it up son!!!

After I was throttled last month I was able to gobble up another 1.5-2gb of data in the last 2 days of my cycle. I muted the phone and streamed pandora and tunein radio at the same time for about 12-18 hours straight.

UNLIMITEDS UNITE!!!!
    Then AT&T will say "well, throttling is not working, so we'll just have to do away with the unlimited plans."

^ that would be a breach of contract

Quote Originally Posted by jess.hickey View Post
    ^ that would be a breach of contract
    Not if they make you change at upgrade.
    Marble White Galaxy S3
    HTC Rezound
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB

Then you just buy a phone off ebay with clean esn and pop youre simcard in.Did this for several years to save my upgrade.Sim card wears out just go buy another from at&t or do a sim card only activation.If they end unlimited data,guess what thats breach of contract so ETF!Then i'll head off to Sprint or Straight talk.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

You guys won't like this answer very much, however this is from your AT&T contract:

1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?
    We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE.

If you lose your eligibility for a particular rate plan, we may change your rate plan to one for which you qualify.
    Last edited by tmn72tx; 02-22-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Making it easier to read

Quote Originally Posted by 5thavenue View Post
    Then you just buy a phone off ebay with clean esn and pop youre simcard in.Did this for several years to save my upgrade.Sim card wears out just go buy another from at&t or do a sim card only activation.If they end unlimited data,guess what thats breach of contract so ETF!Then i'll head off to Sprint or Straight talk.
    I'm sorry. Straight talk is just another way Walmart is trying to rule the world. Is rather pay $50 for 1mb of data before I went with them.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Sounds like AT&T finally made it clear:

In an article on USA Today by Roger Yu

The wireless carrier said Thursday that it will throttle the data — slow the transmission speed — for customers with "unlimited" data plans when they reach 3 gigabytes of data usage within a billing cycle. Customers who use its fastest "4G" data network, called LTE, would experience a slowdown at 5 GB of data usage.

I guess small battles in small claims court can have a big impact.

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by tmn72tx View Post
    I guess small battles in small claims court can have a big impact.
    Called it!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t/1...ml#post1625134

So I got there message saying I'm over 3gb and will be throttled. So I did a speed test. I'm still over 5mb per sec. Hmm does this not work on a rooted phone?

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by UnfocusedHTC View Post
    So I got there message saying I'm over 3gb and will be throttled. So I did a speed test. I'm still over 5mb per sec. Hmm does this not work on a rooted phone?
    Before, there was supposed to be a grace period. I didn't see it mentioned in the latest press release, but it's possible that it's still there. I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

Okay there is a grace period. I reread the message a bit closer.

Quote Originally Posted by tim242 View Post
    I work in att customer service. In our training on this matter, 2GB is the throttle cap. They announced when they first started tiering, that 95% of people use less than 2GB. Hopefully, this changes. Glad I'm on non-throttled, unlimited Verizon LTE : )
    Hello,

As I can see that you work at ATT I can't manage to unlock my iphones which are locked on ATT.
    If you can manage to get them unlocked for me by giving you IMEI numbers i'll pay you 20 $ / iphone unlocked
    Please hit me asap if you can help me.

Michael

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by myki78 View Post
    Hello,

As I can see that you work at ATT I can't manage to unlock my iphones which are locked on ATT.
    If you can manage to get them unlocked for me by giving you IMEI numbers i'll pay you 20 $ / iphone unlocked
    Please hit me asap if you can help me.

Michael
    This has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. You would be better off PMing the person you're trying to talk to.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123