Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default 4.0 update ??

do you know, how will we have ICS ?

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: 4.0 update ??

Hasn't been announced yet for the Inspire, but it has for the Desire HD, which is pretty much our twin. If it's up to AT&T, I don't think we'll officially get it. But hey, there's always rooting

Well when the desire hd gets it I'm sure someone will make a inspire Rom.

my phne wont update for nothing idk why it said something about "server unavailable"
    please help
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There are already ICS Roms. I'm running one. It's not bad.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaredaconner View Post
    my phne wont update for nothing idk why it said something about "server unavailable"
    please help
    I get it too. how we can solve this problem ? and, are there differents between rooting "desire hd" and "inspire 4g" ? can we use desire hd roms ?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kaiowas89 View Post
    I get it too. how we can solve this problem ? and, are there differents between rooting "desire hd" and "inspire 4g" ? can we use desire hd roms ?
    You'll need to find a rom ported to the inspire. The majority of the desire HD roms have been.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    You'll need to find a rom ported to the inspire. The majority of the desire HD roms have been.

can you suggest a link how to root my inspire ( video is better) ? my android is 2.3.3 gingerbread.

is it easy to root ?

edit: I use win7 64bit

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

can you suggest a link how to root my inspire ( video is better) ? my android is 2.3.3 gingerbread.

is it easy to root ?

edit: I use win7 64bit
    [TOOL] Advanced ACE Hack Kit (13012012) - xda-developers

Be sure to read and follow ALL the instructions. You cannot take shortcuts on this, or you may screw up your phone. Also, the videos that are out there are outdated. This is the only reliable way to root.

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ROM
    Absolution/Ascension ICS

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    [TOOL] Advanced ACE Hack Kit (13012012) - xda-developers

Be sure to read and follow ALL the instructions. You cannot take shortcuts on this, or you may screw up your phone. Also, the videos that are out there are outdated. This is the only reliable way to root.
    This is by far the fastest, easiest way to root your phone. I had my phone rooted in less that 5 minutes...Unrooting is quick and painless as well.
    if your looking for an ICS Rom, go check out The XDA Developers forums.
    The Collective just upped a sweet ICS rom [ROM/MOD][The Collective] Ascension v1.0A2-b1 ICS AOSP 2/19/2012 - xda-developers
    Flashing ROMS, like a drunk chick at Mardi Gras
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

when i rooted my phone how will i install CynogenMod. is it like installing apk ?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

when i rooted my phone how will i install CynogenMod. is it like installing apk ?
    Typically flashing instructions are given in the thread for the ROM. The best advice I can give you would be to do as much reading as possible to make sure you are comfortable with what you're doing. If it seems overwhelming than maybe rooting and flashing ROMs isn't for you. Which is ok.

Before I rooted my EVO 4G I did 2-3 days of reading threads on here and XDA before I tried. That way I was comfortable with what I was doing. Because of the reading I did I knew how to tackle some of the more common problems ahead of time and wasn't pulling my hair out when I had an issue.

Hope that helps.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 JB. (for Now)

Quote Originally Posted by manicalchemist View Post
    This is by far the fastest, easiest way to root your phone. I had my phone rooted in less that 5 minutes...Unrooting is quick and painless as well.
    if your looking for an ICS Rom, go check out The XDA Developers forums.
    The Collective just upped a sweet ICS rom [ROM/MOD][The Collective] Ascension v1.0A2-b1 ICS AOSP 2/19/2012 - xda-developers
    Ace is the way to go for Rooting. And there are a number of Great ICS roms for the Inspire. But remember that these are Alpha and Beta roms and not everything works and there are bugs. The Ascention rom is nice and so is asopX which the Ascention rom is based on.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by randyw View Post
    Ace is the way to go for Rooting. And there are a number of Great ICS roms for the Inspire. But remember that these are Alpha and Beta roms and not everything works and there are bugs. The Ascention rom is nice and so is asopX which the Ascention rom is based on.
    I had issues with ascension. Rebooted randomly 4 timed in an hour. Aospx has issues, but seems more stable.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity

I was wondering, HTC announced at mwc that all sense 4.0 would have beats audio. Does that mean that the Inspire when updated to ICS would have the software version of beats?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboWarrior View Post
    I was wondering, HTC announced at mwc that all sense 4.0 would have beats audio. Does that mean that the Inspire when updated to ICS would have the software version of beats?

Beats software on the inspire sucks. I've used it on several inspire roms. My suggestion, look up PowerAmp on the market. Its amazing and sounds better than beats ever will on the inspire.

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking bacon...ics style

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity

Well it all depends on people opinion but I thought beats was a life saver. My only compliant is the increased CPU useage. Luckily I can oc to 1.5 GHz so no problem there...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

We arent getting the damnation ics upgrade
    !!!!!!

I am waiting for someone to create a ICS sense 4 Rom that will be stable on our inspires. That would be better than anything HTC or AT&T would give us because we can delete the bloat ware apps.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by UnfocusedHTC View Post
    I am waiting for someone to create a ICS sense 4 Rom that will be stable on our inspires. That would be better than anything HTC or AT&T would give us because we can delete the bloat ware apps.
    Once the DesireHD gets ICS (and I would assume Sense 4) the devs will be hot on it. I am interested in this also. Just wondering when the DHD update will come.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity

Until the DesireHD official ICS Rom arrives, we won't be seeing any stable Rom since the ICS build require a special kernal given out by Qualcomm to companies like HTC and Motorola to build the rom. Unless Qualcomm is nice it'll be a while until a truly stable ICS Rom appears.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2