Duplicate Apps

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I noticed tonight while looking in my app drawer that I have duplicate icons for 4 of my apps. They were 'maps', 'footprints', 'navigator (not att navigation), and latitude. After looking into my application list under settings 'maps' was only listed once, and I didn't see 'navigator' or 'latitude' listed. Footprints was listed but like maps it was only there once. Also, what I found really strange was that I was able to uninstall maps from its spot on the homepage. Let me be clear, when prompted to uninstall the app I was able to do so but the icon stayed in place. I tried to uninstall it one more time but like all preinstalled apps I wasn't able to. Regardless, there are still duplicates in the file that I have them in within the app drawer. I'm not rooted and I'm using go launcher ex as my home replacement. The only app that I've downloaded recently is smart taskbar, but I've since deleted it. I just find it really odd that the duplicate apps are all maps related and I think that they could suck up some resources. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If it's only showing up once under settings>applications then you should be fine. The other icons are probably just shortcuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae