Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android Market Not Working

Hey gang,
    My wife has this phone (HTC Inspire) and I'm trying to find a fix for here issue. The phone worked fine, but the other day the Android Market stopped working. The icon is still there but when you click on it you get an error messagethat says something like "the link is not installed". Is there a way to fix this? I tried downloading a new .apk and installing it, but it didn't make any difference. She still gets the error message.

Default Re: Android Market Not Working

You probably received the new Google Play update. I haven't yet, but I understand it can leave the original market icon though the new market can be found on the list as "Google Play" (or is it just "Play"?)

Lightbulb Re: Android Market Not Working

it is because of the Play Store thing...mine did that too....also goes for books and music...they are now play music and play books.... kinda annoying at first, but she will get use to it.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: Android Market Not Working

When mine updated, the icon for Market that I had on my homescreen changed to the new Play icon, but still said Market below it. In the app drawer the Market was gone and Google Play appeared. I deleted the original icon from my homescreen and put up the new Goggle Play icon, now everything is fine... except that Google Play Movies isn't compatible with my Inspire.