Let me go through everything I have done to this point...this whole operation has been quiet frustrating to say the least.
I have a Windows 7 64-bit Asus i7 Quad Core @1.60Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 5730, 4 GB DDR3 RAM laptop
My iPhone 4S wasn't coming up in My Computer but showed in iTunes, I read you could remove the Mobile Device Driver and re-insert your iPhone and it would install the drivers again. It worked, the device showed in My Computer just fine but now iTunes was having an issue. iTunes itself was working just fine but my iPhone wasn't being detected properly, it said iTunes wasn't installed correctly and to reinstall iTunes.
So this is what I've done...
1) Uninstalled iTunes/QuickTime/MobileMe/Bonjour/Apple Software Update/Apple Application Support/Apple Mobile Device Support (anything with Apple Inc.)
2) Installed the latest iTunes 10.5.3.3 and recieved that some .dll files were missing in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory. Afterwards another error, "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes Error 7 (Windows error 126)." I googled the .dll missing for this iTunes error and found them and placed them in the directory above. The required .dll went away but another took it's place. I had to go through roughly 4-5 .dll files until they went away
3) itunes.exe - bad image icuin36.dll: I found this .dll and removed it, and replaced it with an updated one found in C:\Windows\System32. *I am unsure where to place this file exactly, i assume that it should be somewhere else?*
4) I had removed all Apple Inc. products from Control Panel again, rebooted, and tried installing again. Same issues persist, "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes Error 7 (Windows error 126).
5) I have ran "cmd.exe" as Admin for "sfc /scannow" and there was no issues found.
6) I reinstalled "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0" from (), iTunes still fails to install correctly....
7) Using this guide ( ftware-from-a-windows-computer/), with a program called "Revo Uninstaller Pro" to completely remove all of Apple products from my computer. I followed the guide, rebooted my computer, and installed iTunes again.....
8) the bad image icuin36.dll bad image went away but now I have "iTunes.exe - System Error "The program can't start because icuuc36.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalled the program to fix the problem.", again found it (), placed it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 & C:\Windows\System32 only to recieve "iTunes.exe - bad image C:\Windows\system32\icuu36.dll either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system adminstrator or the software vendor for support." followed by a "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 193)"
At this point I am stuck and frustrated without a solution, would anyone else be able to offer any support? Is there anything I have not tried yet?
One of my biggest reasons for leaving iPhone was to leave iTunes behind. After getting my Android, I completely sold my laptop as I was always using my phone. Not looking back! So, good luck with your Cloud computing
Sorry, couldn't resist the poke. Anyway, I would try .
Portions of this page are modifications based on work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project
and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License. AndroidCentral is an independent site
that is not affiliated with or endorsed by Google.