Complete crap that ATT not giving us ICS!

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You guys are forgetting the key fact, the Atrix is DUAL-CORE. Plus the Atrix was a higher priority phone than the Inspire for AT&T. It was their leading Android phone for half of 2011.

That is true but I think its not that old eather it has functions other don't have and was first phone to have computing power. and updates don't just count on at&t also on htc. And with apples updates I think you can keep updating just that instead of helping it, it slows it so even though that get updates that don't always help

Sent from ATRIX 4g rooted,unlocked and OC to 1.45 with nottachtrix rom using tapatalk 2

mykellen

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I think the owners of the HTC inspire 4g should start a petition to AT&T. The phone is just a little over a year and we cannot get an update. Remember this was one of the first 4g phones for them. If we sit around AT&T wil pass over the millions that have the Inspire. They have a plan $$$$$$$.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the owners of the HTC inspire 4g should start a petition to AT&T. The phone is just a little over a year and we cannot get an update. Remember this was one of the first 4g phones for them. If we sit around AT&T wil pass over the millions that have the Inspire. They have a plan $$$$$$$.

You hit it on the head why they won't. It's over a year old and end of life. They want you you to upgrade to a phone like the one x or galaxy s3.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You could try that but unfocused htc is right that want you to get a new phone with a new 2 year contract but if you phone is up to date with the newest phones you likely wont get a new phone

Sent from ATRIX 4g rooted,unlocked and OC to 1.45 with nottachtrix rom using tapatalk 2

mykellen

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I just signed with AT&T and it has been horrible. I really wanted. To give them the benefit of the doubt after I read so many bad reviews . Well, well I gave learned the hard way. The situation with ICS is just another added to the list. I really don't understand how the Desire and can get an update the the Inspire cannot when basically its the same phone.

schooner

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I would just really like an explanation from either HTC or ATT, whoever made the decision. The phone was released in Feb, 2011, and EOL in April 2012. 14 months. When pretty much everyone gets a 24 month contract, and most people dont buy on the release day, that means that people are stuck with an unsupported, unupdated phone for at least half of their contract. I'm done trying to get them to decide to update it, but one would think that an explanation would not be out of the question. Especially when the Desire, which was released 5 months prior to the Inspire is getting the update.

I contacted HTC and got, "Devices are updated based on partner requirements, experience, quality standards and hardware and software compatibility." That really doesnt tell me much.

mykellen

May 26, 2012
Visit site
The main here is AT&T wants to have customers upgrade. It's all about the $$$$$$. Think about the amount of ppl who have the Inspire. I will NOT have AT&T as my carrier when my contract is over. As for HTCt ... I am looking at IPhone or Samsung.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My plan is once ICS is released for the Desire, there will be ROMs out and then I will flash it. I still have stock because it works, but ICS is outstanding when there is a solid HTC release (rather than AOSP).

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind, the Desire will never get an official HTC-approved ICS build.

I don't plan to buy another HTC when I buy a new phone in a year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers