CANNOT sign-in with my Google Account
11-10-2016 11:33 PM
- I have a HTC Inspire 4G (Running Gingerbread) and it used to work perfectly last few weeks, now I can't do anything Google related without the log-in error. When I saw it I thought 'Oh god, I have been hacked!', so I changed my password, security questions, ect, still didn't work, made me facepalm. I'm sure I was not the only one who thought that they were hacked too.
Anyway, it's annoying, I can access my emails to some degree, but Docs/Drive, whatnot is a bust.
I wonder how'll they'll fix it considering most of us can't log in to get the update through the store... I hope they don't have the update sent through the carriers/manufacturer of phone you are using, I fear it'd take too long.07-06-2012 01:45 AM
- [HL]LISTEN UP:[/HL]
I just tried giving the whole "make an application-specific password" thing another try.
AND IT WORKED THIS TIME!
As soon as I entered the generated password into the error box, it logged me in. I started getting notifications from Google Play and from my apps! Hopefully, it stays this way!
So, to everyone who is still having this problem, [HL]GIVE APPLICATION-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS ANOTHER TRY (or of you've never tried that, give it a first time try!)[/HL]07-06-2012 07:42 PM
- OK I'm not exactly sure if your stating or trying to get help for that and that only is enabled with 2 step verification (which I do recommend) but I would write it down if you clash roms like me you will need it for your phone when you install Google play or activate the phone!!!!!! Or a system restore!!! So write it down in a secure place or if you must reset it with the clear pass word and re enter your phone and get a new one so yea....
Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums08-13-2012 05:34 AM
- If you can get to a computer and log in with your Google account online its not Google or HTC it could be that damn ota update with at&t causing code issues if you can get it over wifi its most likely at&T's ed up net work but try doing v the 2 step verification if you need assistance with setting it up pm me I don't want potentially damning bits of your personal info floating out there
Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums08-13-2012 05:57 AM
- I cant not login to android market on my samsung SCH-I559 CDMA it says
you entered the wrong password or your account has changed.please re-enter your password.
I always enter right login name and password but no use..
note-here I can access all my Google account in PC like ,gmail,G+,and google play also but in mobile I cannot access in of the above pls help me out ....
thanks n regards
ashish jain02-02-2013 09:45 AM
I had the same problem and found that it is google restrictions, study this link Sign in using application-specific passwords - Accounts Help
I hope it will be helpful03-06-2013 07:13 PM
- go to your account setting on your computer then scroll down to "Connected applications and sitesReview permissions" click on "Reviewpermissions" then it will prompt for password then scroll down until you see where it says name : and a generate password tab. write for example google sync in that Box then click on the Generate Password tab and a long *** password will be generated... Now go to your phone as you sign in into gmail instead of your password, enter that long *** password it will work.. i did it and it worked.. it took me 5 hours to figure it out..07-01-2013 12:24 AM
- 07-12-2013 02:44 PM
- its look like you decided to turn on two-factor authentication for my Google account, that is what make the error on password
It turns out the solution is simple. The reason the problem happens is, as Google notes (and as I completely ignored when switching on the two-factor authentication option), not all Google apps are compatible with the system yet. However, Google offers the option of using a browser to generate a special application-specific password.
Simply go to your Google account settings, and select the option to edit your two-factor settings. Then select the option 'Manage application-specific passwords'. This will prompt you two enter a name for the device you're authorising (in my case my LG P500 Android phone). You can then generate a random password that will let you use the Android Gmail app. (You can also revoke access from the same interface.)
just Simply go to your Google account settings, and select the option to edit your two-factor settings. Then select the option 'Manage application-specific passwords'. This will prompt you two enter a name for the device you're authorising (in my case my LG P500 Android phone). You can then generate a random password that will let you use the Android Gmail app. (You can also revoke access from the same interface.)
Problem solved!10-19-2013 03:27 PM
- I have a HTC Inspire and this is my first time having this problem.
An error notification showed up on my phone. It states "Sign-in error for [my email address here]. When I click on it, it says:
You entered the wrong password or your account has changed. Please re-enter your password.
[my email address here]
[empty box here]
Whenever I enter my password (yes, I enter the correct one) and click "Sign In", it still keeps asking for my password.
Here's what the error message looks like: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...s/download.jpg02-25-2014 12:53 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- AT&T Inspire 4G
CANNOT sign-in with my Google Account
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD