Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: CANNOT sign-in with my Google Account

HTC emailed me again saying that I should perform a Factory Reset on my phone. I'm contemplating it, but I don't want to lose all of my stuff.

I have a HTC Inspire 4G (Running Gingerbread) and it used to work perfectly last few weeks, now I can't do anything Google related without the log-in error. When I saw it I thought 'Oh god, I have been hacked!', so I changed my password, security questions, ect, still didn't work, made me facepalm. I'm sure I was not the only one who thought that they were hacked too.

Anyway, it's annoying, I can access my emails to some degree, but Docs/Drive, whatnot is a bust.

I wonder how'll they'll fix it considering most of us can't log in to get the update through the store... I hope they don't have the update sent through the carriers/manufacturer of phone you are using, I fear it'd take too long.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

I actually thought there was a bit of hope coming my way. I entered my password into the error box and for the first time, there was one of those CAPTCHA images there. I filled that in and still NOTHING. I'm seriously getting tired of this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

[HL]LISTEN UP:[/HL]

I just tried giving the whole "make an application-specific password" thing another try.

AND IT WORKED THIS TIME!

As soon as I entered the generated password into the error box, it logged me in. I started getting notifications from Google Play and from my apps! Hopefully, it stays this way!

So, to everyone who is still having this problem, [HL]GIVE APPLICATION-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS ANOTHER TRY (or of you've never tried that, give it a first time try!)[/HL]

Backup with titanium pro n Google sync this will help a lot. Just when restore with TB restore app only if restore app and data could cause prob again

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Android Central Forums

Hey folks just create an application specific password from google page and enter in the password field that will clear up the issue nd its a one time password so no need to remember it too

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

OK I'm not exactly sure if your stating or trying to get help for that and that only is enabled with 2 step verification (which I do recommend) but I would write it down if you clash roms like me you will need it for your phone when you install Google play or activate the phone!!!!!! Or a system restore!!! So write it down in a secure place or if you must reset it with the clear pass word and re enter your phone and get a new one so yea....

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by cyanogen-man; 08-13-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

If you can get to a computer and log in with your Google account online its not Google or HTC it could be that damn ota update with at&t causing code issues if you can get it over wifi its most likely at&T's ed up net work but try doing v the 2 step verification if you need assistance with setting it up pm me I don't want potentially damning bits of your personal info floating out there
    Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

I cant not login to android market on my samsung SCH-I559 CDMA it says

google sign-in
    you entered the wrong password or your account has changed.please re-enter your password.

I always enter right login name and password but no use..

note-here I can access all my Google account in PC like ,gmail,G+,and google play also but in mobile I cannot access in of the above pls help me out ....

thanks n regards
    ashish jain
    Last edited by Kevin O'Quinn; 02-02-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: removed username/password

I have a Samsung sch as well and I am having same problem started after signing up to google plus. Today I cancelled google plus and reverted to google play and I am still getting the error on my phone. When I am on my PC it is ok

I would also like to note that I sent an email to google help outlining my proble....asking for a call back. I have heard nothing.

Hi,

I had the same problem and found that it is google restrictions, study this link Sign in using application-specific passwords - Accounts Help

I hope it will be helpful

---
    Last edited by Greg Pavlik; 04-01-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Wrong context

I had the same problem before. did you use 2 step verification?
    just turned off Step 2 Verification in your google account and then tried to login to android market in my mobile..
    Hope Helpfull

I have my moms side kick and it has google play on it and im signed in on my gmail account but now when I whent to update an app it said I need to log in and I loged in twice what do I do now Help me please

Do not do it I did it myself and not only lost my damn info but did not fix the damn issue

go to your account setting on your computer then scroll down to "Connected applications and sitesReview permissions" click on "Reviewpermissions" then it will prompt for password then scroll down until you see where it says name : and a generate password tab. write for example google sync in that Box then click on the Generate Password tab and a long *** password will be generated... Now go to your phone as you sign in into gmail instead of your password, enter that long *** password it will work.. i did it and it worked.. it took me 5 hours to figure it out..

Quote Originally Posted by terryaki_ View Post
    HTC emailed me again saying that I should perform a Factory Reset on my phone. I'm contemplating it, but I don't want to lose all of my stuff.
    I have been having the same issue not with the entire Google account universe, but with a simple News widget part of the Android OS 2.3.3, which came with my phone. It's been going on for almost a week now and is driving me nuts. Who did you contact at HTC?

I also have this type of problem yesterday my google play store was not working then i reset my mobile now i got a new problem my mobile is not accepting my google account. Help

its look like you decided to turn on two-factor authentication for my Google account, that is what make the error on password

It turns out the solution is simple. The reason the problem happens is, as Google notes (and as I completely ignored when switching on the two-factor authentication option), not all Google apps are compatible with the system yet. However, Google offers the option of using a browser to generate a special application-specific password.

Simply go to your Google account settings, and select the option to edit your two-factor settings. Then select the option 'Manage application-specific passwords'. This will prompt you two enter a name for the device you're authorising (in my case my LG P500 Android phone). You can then generate a random password that will let you use the Android Gmail app. (You can also revoke access from the same interface.)

Problem solved!
    just Simply go to your Google account settings, and select the option to edit your two-factor settings. Then select the option 'Manage application-specific passwords'. This will prompt you two enter a name for the device you're authorising (in my case my LG P500 Android phone). You can then generate a random password that will let you use the Android Gmail app. (You can also revoke access from the same interface.)

Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by terryaki_ View Post
    I have a HTC Inspire and this is my first time having this problem.

An error notification showed up on my phone. It states "Sign-in error for [my email address here]. When I click on it, it says:

Google sign-in

You entered the wrong password or your account has changed. Please re-enter your password.

Username:
    [my email address here]

Password:
    [empty box here]

Whenever I enter my password (yes, I enter the correct one) and click "Sign In", it still keeps asking for my password.

HELP!!!!!

Here's what the error message looks like: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...s/download.jpg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12