09-12-2012 10:16 PM
- Even with a battery watcher when I picked up my my hand was on fire the back of the case was even hot and when I took out my phone and remove my battery.
The corner was slightly melted and part if the side...
I'm freaking out is it safe to use I swapped out my battery for one of my extra and so far no over heating. Yet I was not even on my phone when it over heated it sat in my pocket while I sat around at school
The phone is no more then 8 months old
Sent from my ATT Inspire 4g08-21-2012 06:31 PM
- Holy dont ing touch that thing it is potentially the same explosive force as a small stick of dymamite yes i said dynamite your battery is unstable!!!!" call htc tell them you got a lithium ion battery that has destablized and can explode and send them an attached email with the pic and thats clearly an htc branded battery so calk htc and get proper disposal instructions!!! Seriously those things can heat up to over 2,000 degrees and burst with a lot of force
inspire aokp ice cold sandwich rom08-22-2012 08:18 AM
- Well this is nice to read while at work...
Still is there any reason for the over heat? I'm confused why the phone just sat there doing nothing and even the battery watcher didn't go off so either the battery got hot within seconds or my phone is showing its age.
Sent from my ATT Inspire 4g08-22-2012 08:48 AM
- Its in the way the lithium ions are manufactured there's a film on the edges and its super thin if you keep the battery over charged or the battery is improperly manufactured eventually the film breaks down and its a chemical reaction when its still producing electricity and its going to keep heating up until boom there was a guy in Australia his lithium ion in the I phone exploded sent shards of glass into his face your lucky you pulled it out heat is an enemy of lithium ions they can and will go boom
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM08-22-2012 04:56 PM
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM08-22-2012 05:06 PM
- Well just got back from an at&t store and they said that due to the battery's water strip turned solid red so no replacement ever for the battery.
However they did say that the inspire has one in side the dock and when I looked nothing but he swears there is one. Because of this the phone has no warranty also
I say bull on the phone
Sent from my ATT Inspire 4g08-26-2012 01:02 AM
- inside the doc?? What ing doc? The charging port?? Please elaborate I'm confused!! Wtf is that ***** talking about? There is no separate battery there is a tear down video on YouTube for a screen replacement so wtf there is no second battery and the charging do gal has a micro chip to regulate charging so it do sent over charge and when batteries get that hot it will pull moisture out of the air and make the strip go red so all that dude wants is money get ing educated when you deal with those idiots and the at&t regular store WILL NOT EVER DO WARRENTY REPLACEMENTS YOU GOTTA FIND A DAMN WARRENTY CENTER!!!! Demand to ask for a list of a warranty center and don't take no for an answer and call HTC when did you buy this phone?? Their battery warranty is 15 months not 12 if you naught this august of 2011 your still good with them08-27-2012 07:26 AM
- Well sh.. they took the old melted battery and said their was no harm to phone .
Yes he said in side.where the battery lays in the phone is a strip I can't see it and I even held a flashlight to it....
I got had and I'm p...ed off about it
Sent from my ATT Inspire 4g08-27-2012 08:48 AM
- well sh.. They took the old melted battery and said their was no harm to phone .
Yes he said in side.where the battery lays in the phone is a strip i can't see it and i even held a flashlight to it....
I got had and i'm p...ed off about it
ahh ok moisture indicated strip actually no its in the little sd cover not the battery compartment and your phone as hot as it got it picked up moisture from the humidity of the air when it cooled down seriously boil a pot of water make sure it dosent splash or boil over let it cool and feel it and bingo you got a true dips it salesman for at&t customer consultant shame on, you at&t !!! I bet he told you insurance or a new phone at non contra t price or tryed to force you to ios or the one x or gs3 what a ing ****** i tell them that when i deal with them i tell them screw you i rooted it ik wtf i'm doing so **** off all you want is my money not my satisfaction jerk and they get that oh look and try to kick me out then i act like i'm gonna pay my bill at the kiosk lmfao and troll the out of them when they try to make i sheep zombies hahahahahaa
sent from my att inspire 4g
inspire aokp ice cold sandwich rom08-27-2012 09:02 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- AT&T Inspire 4G
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD