Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TeePee1970
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Huge Stumper of a Problem! Challenge to solve issued!

Back story: Have an HTC Inspire. Purchased a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ bluetooth headset. They paired/connected with no problem. HOWEVER, I cannot hear or be heard on phone calls. The call is going through, the phone indicates bluetooth headset is on. All volumes are on and set to high.

All other sounds work on the headset, including playing music on the phone. It is only phone calls that do not work, which is very frustrating since that is the reason I wanted a headset.

Couple other things to note. I purchased two headsets, one for myself, and one for husband who also has an HTC Inspire. Neither headset will work on my phone, and both work on his, so clearly the issue is with the phone itself.

I have unpaired and disconnected the headset from the phone and rebooted the phone and taken the battery out numerous times with no success. Went into the AT&T store and none of the three techs there could figure it out and suggested a factory reset, which I also did...no success.

Any and all suggestions would be welcome.
    CraigarJ likes this.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: Huge Stumper of a Problem! Challenge to solve issued!

This will require a little searching on your part, but I know that bluetooth headsets have seperate connections for phone audio and media audio. I am not on the stock ROM anymore (which I assume you are) so I don't remember exactly how you get there, but there is a spot where you can select wether the headset uses phone audio or media audio or both. Try going into the bluetooth settings where it shows your paired devices and long press on the device in question. By default they should both be selected but maybe for some reason yours is not.

Default Re: Huge Stumper of a Problem! Challenge to solve issued!

I have exactly the same problem. About a week ago my plantronics voyager pro+ stopped working with the phone. It continues to work for other audio functions just no longer with the phone. Mine is a Motorola Droid 4 running ICS. The Droid recognizes the voyager and appears to connect just fine. But the audio does not go through the pro+.
    I too have a second voyager pro+ (my wife's); that doesn't work either.
    I've previously used the voyager pro+ for 6 months with the Droid ICS without a problem.
    I have a third ( rocketfish ) headset. It works fine.

In other words it seems the voyager pro+ suddenly has a problem with Android ICS.

Please help.