Brian Tielking

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Spent several hours reading things to do for my sons HTC Inspire
No screen to see if it is Son or Soff
HTC Sync will not connect
Loaded recovery image onto root of SD card..... nothing
held down volume down and power several times.... nothing
lots of people with this same problem......
Any ideas to try?

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
To check for s-off you have to turn the phone off hold vol Dow and press the power button. You should only have s-off if it is rooted, and the boot loader unlocked.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok what root method did you use? If you flashed a bad ruu your probobly bricked. Pm me please with more specific things. And always do these things on a 100% battery so charge it until the led turns green.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Barry Seymour

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I now have the same problem. I got a refurb'ed HTC Inspire 4G 1.5 years ago - it now does the seven vibrations dance at startup. Can't get into anything, not HBOOT, nothing. Tried leaving my battery out for a few days, tried the 'hold power button for 20 seconds then wait 20 minutes" .. nothing.

Any advice?

JRTuttle4

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing & has been for over a month now. It vibrates 7x really fast when you try to turn it on or if you plug it in, but will only do it once until you remove & replace the battery. I have 3 batteries & it does the same thing regardless of which battery I use. I have tried leaving the battery out for days. I have tried holding the "Power" button & the "Volume Down" button for over a minute, but absolutely nothing happens after it vibrates 7 times.
It's ridiculous how many owners of the HTC Inspire 4G/Desire HD (and who knows how many other HTC phones) that it seems have just been left stuck with a useless smartphone because of this happening & it really makes question the quality of HTC products. That being said, I highly doubt I will go with another HTC product next time . . .

Last edited:

zrashad

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi My HTC Desire 300 is doing the same thing...I can get to the factory reset screen but the bootloader is locked and since the phone wont come on it wont connect to HTC sync in order to unlock. Is there another way to unlock the bootloader??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair