Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A peculiar problem with Data (Internet) on an unlocked HTC Inspire 4G

The two HTC Inspire 4G we own are unlocked (not rooted). While we travel internationally, we purchase a local SIM card for phone calls, texting and data (email, browsing etc.)
    On our trip to India all worked fine. However on a recent trip to Colombia the SIM card and Data service we purchased worked ONLY for calls and text - no data on both phones. I tried two different companies with no luck.
    Further more, upon return to the US I tried a prepaid MVNO ptel.com who recently converted to GSM standard (T-Mobile network).
    Again, the data doesn't work.

Questions:

1. Did anyone else had a similar experience?
    2. Is this a known issue with AT&T and is there a solution?
    3. Would rooting the phones help?
    4. If yes, is there a recent, updated guide/ROM for rooting this phone?

Thanks for any help.
    Android user since the very first T-Mobile G1...

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I had the same problem with my unlocked, not rooted, Inspire. I had to enter carrier's APN settings to get data. I now use a T-Mobile sim in my phone and I had to enter their APN as well for data access.

Default Re: A peculiar problem with Data (Internet) on an unlocked HTC Inspire 4G

Yes, even I got the same exact issue with my HTC inspire 4g..did you find any luck
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: A peculiar problem with Data (Internet) on an unlocked HTC Inspire 4G

I Reinstalled the OS (Factory Data Reset) and that resolved the issue.

this maybe a stupid question but how do you Reinstalled the OS (Factory Data Reset).
    ive been trying to get this phone to work for awhile now and no one seems to be able to help
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Beimborn View Post
    this maybe a stupid question but how do you Reinstalled the OS (Factory Data Reset).
    ive been trying to get this phone to work for awhile now and no one seems to be able to help
    Sorry, I no longer have that phone, but it should be simple. Go to Settings and check every sub menu till you find it.