A peculiar problem with Data (Internet) on an unlocked HTC Inspire 4G
The two HTC Inspire 4G we own are unlocked (not rooted). While we travel internationally, we purchase a local SIM card for phone calls, texting and data (email, browsing etc.)
On our trip to India all worked fine. However on a recent trip to Colombia the SIM card and Data service we purchased worked ONLY for calls and text - no data on both phones. I tried two different companies with no luck.
Further more, upon return to the US I tried a prepaid MVNO ptel.com who recently converted to GSM standard (T-Mobile network).
Again, the data doesn't work.
1. Did anyone else had a similar experience?
2. Is this a known issue with AT&T and is there a solution?
3. Would rooting the phones help?
4. If yes, is there a recent, updated guide/ROM for rooting this phone?
Thanks for any help.
- 12-27-2012, 11:09 PM #2
- 05-10-2013, 07:35 PM #3
- 09-25-2013, 05:27 PM #5
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: A peculiar problem with Data (Internet) on an unlocked HTC Inspire 4G
this maybe a stupid question but how do you Reinstalled the OS (Factory Data Reset).
ive been trying to get this phone to work for awhile now and no one seems to be able to help
- By cdiar in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2Replies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2012, 03:39 PM
- By skyview05 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 4Last Post: 06-05-2012, 04:14 PM
- By hotrodtba in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2Replies: 7Last Post: 01-23-2012, 01:38 AM
- By Longhorn22 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 10-17-2011, 06:31 PM
- By blazman234 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 11-26-2009, 10:23 PM