Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Can't access Google Play (market)

please email me the conspircy theory...pz help resolve this problem

Well, i have an HTC incredible that used to be my grandmas. I did a factory reset to it, and the same thing happened. I restarted it, and in the notifications bar, it said one update available. I updated and now it works! Try updating your phone to see if it lets you access the Google play store. The problem may be that you don't have the latest software. Hope this helps!

i have sony xperia z
    i have same problem on wireless i cant access on google play but on data traffic it works normal
    i tried your suggestions and it didn't help
    but when i change my ip location to usa it works normal

android version 4.2.2
    framework 10.3.1.A.2.67

and i cant access youtube ether

can someone help me...my galaxy note 10.1 play store got problem...when i reboot it i can't make a new account at play store .....i just unroot it and it still doesn't work...any idea how to fix this problem...Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Desi the real one View Post
    Check your time and date settings. I will try to keep it simple as I can. You will get this error if date is incorrect. The connection is refused due to an untrusted certificate error (expiry date stumble I believe). So check date settings, delete services framework data, delete play store data, reboot, retry. Of course you are using a valid account on your device and have sync'd etc. if this doesn't work then I'll buy your conspiracy theory Now who can help me delete, modify dissable, fool the play store filters? Email me?
    Wow. Thanks. Your post saved me. My time settings were wonky.

[SOLUTION:] Can't Establish a reliable connection to the server/Playstore No Connect - xda-developers
    if you tried everything like me and nothing worked.. i tried that and worked very well..
    method 2 worked for me

Try this.... i also encounter your problem. . Open your rootbrowser, then find the ETC folder and find .. "HOST" and delete it.
    Thanked by 2:
    Mike Russo likes this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Deleting the hosts file in ETC folder worked for me. Thanks bro

Thankyou soo much, i was about to give up

Nice it worked, thank you!

thanks bro

Anyone encountering this problem, clear the play store data. This worked for me [Fix Pro] Google Play login problem

After some searching I found this and it worked for me so thought I would share. If you use 2-step verification and can't access play store and other google services then you need to create an app password. Since I don't have access to post links(wtf) you will have to find it by doing a search for "google app passwords" should be top result, goodluck.

can't access Google Play (market) when using wifi with android 2.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Slowdave1 View Post
    Son got a new Android phone. Gave his old Inspire 4G to my daughter so she could upgrade from an old un-smart phone. Daughter planned to use it for everything as designed except she has no data plan on her phone #, so only internet/data access would be via WiFi. It is working fine for her as a phone, internet (via wifi), camera, MP3 player, etc. But, can't access Google Play/Android Market to download any new apps. (Not positive at this late hour which one that phone accesses.) It says something like "unable to access data plan" or something like that. This is an unrooted phone, and as far as AT&T goes, we only planned to use this as a phone/texting machine other than accessing internet via WiFi, which I assume they wouldn't care about. Is the Market somehow linked in to check that we have a data plan for the phone before it will give access?

Thoughts? Remedies? Work arounds? And yes, I am an extreme noob myself, so please speak simpleton.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowdave1 View Post
    Son got a new Android phone. Gave his old Inspire 4G to my daughter so she could upgrade from an old un-smart phone. Daughter planned to use it for everything as designed except she has no data plan on her phone #, so only internet/data access would be via WiFi. It is working fine for her as a phone, internet (via wifi), camera, MP3 player, etc. But, can't access Google Play/Android Market to download any new apps. (Not positive at this late hour which one that phone accesses.) It says something like "unable to access data plan" or something like that. This is an unrooted phone, and as far as AT&T goes, we only planned to use this as a phone/texting machine other than accessing internet via WiFi, which I assume they wouldn't care about. Is the Market somehow linked in to check that we have a data plan for the phone before it will give access?

Thoughts? Remedies? Work arounds? And yes, I am an extreme noob myself, so please speak simpleton.

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12