Retiring my HTC Inspire 4 G

Baron Rassilon

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am due for an upgrade this month and am trying to decide what phone I want. My Inspire still works fine but locks up quite a bit lately. Some phones I am considering are as follows:
Samsung Galaxy 3: good phone but I think its built very flimsy. I am used to my Inspire brick. As a seller of phones, I have come across a few Sams G 3's without their backs because they snapped.
LG Optimus G: it is almost the same as the SG 3 but sturdier in construction and different display.
HTC One X+: I Like the feel and the weight of it, but I am concerned about the built in battery. When my Inspire freezes, I have to remove the battery to fix it. Does the HTC One have the same problem of freezing? I'm not happy about the fixed memory, but I can live with that. How is the battery life? Just a few concerns I have.
Thanks for any input you may offer. :D

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the Inspire right after it came out, so my upgrade was up in October of last year. I held on for the HTC One X+ but eventually realized that it is last year's technology still. I am still patiently waiting for the M7 (or HTC One) to hit AT&T, so I can upgrade to that, as long as the camera is good! My Inspire has also been freezing up a lot but I still can't come to part with it!

As for your upgrade, I'd wait a little bit because all of the phones you mentioned are all from last year, why not wait for new tech in the spring? Why all those phones you mentioned are still relevant in many ways, why get a SGS3 when the SGS4 is going to come out soon?

Hope you consider this!

coxley24

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the Inspire as well. I finally upgraded to the Galaxy Note 2. I still love my Inspire. Just felt right to hold and build quality was great. I too had issues with it locking up. I still use it as a media player for music. The sound, to me, is still better than most phones out there. The Galaxy S3 should be going down in price once the S4 is announced and you won't go wrong with the Note 2. I love it! I also like the LG Optimus. Better build quality.

jsz1002

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my Inspire to the GS3 and love how much faster it is. This is undoubtedly helped by running Jelly Bean. As far as build quality, it seems pretty sturdy although I always keep my phones in a case. My Inspire is now just a wifi media player.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII

FIDLAR

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll definately go for the HTC One X+ for these reasons: really good build quality (kinda reminds me of my Inspire), big 64gb storage, can play tegra games, and the screen/camera is awesome.
If you're worried about the "old" tech, why not just flash a rom? I'd flash a 4.1.2 AOSP rom since I really really hate 4.2.2 but that's just me :p My contract ends on October so I'm really jealous of you -_- but by then I would have a good overall aspect of which phone to get for the next 2 years...highly waiting for the Motorola X :D

vgking96

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you, my friend. I'm really in between the Optimus G and One X+. I thought I had decided on the LG, but people on my thread got me rethinking. Did you make your decision yet? If so, what did you get (obviously) and how does it suit you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34