Phone turns off and on with sim card in

AZDSF

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased the HTC Inspire 4G off Ebay. When I received the phone I think it is rooted, I have no idea about roots or anything of the sort. The seller didn't say it was rooted only said it was unlocked. Here is my issue, the phone turns on and runs perfectly fine when the Straight Talk Sim card is NOT in the phone. When the sim card is in the phone, it turns on, and lets me unlock the screen, then turns black and shuts right off. I noticed in the phones settings it says "Advanced Tweaks". Can anyone help me get this phone working with my new ST Sim card? It does this to other Sim cards as well.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the HTC Inspire 4G off Ebay. When I received the phone I think it is rooted, I have no idea about roots or anything of the sort. The seller didn't say it was rooted only said it was unlocked. Here is my issue, the phone turns on and runs perfectly fine when the Straight Talk Sim card is NOT in the phone. When the sim card is in the phone, it turns on, and lets me unlock the screen, then turns black and shuts right off. I noticed in the phones settings it says "Advanced Tweaks". Can anyone help me get this phone working with my new ST Sim card? It does this to other Sim cards as well.

I would contact the seller and inquire about this. You might have gotten a lemon.... or they may be able to help you.

AZDSF

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried with the Seller and no luck. There has to be something I can try? The phone works fine, connects to wifi without sim card in. Ive tried 3 diff sim cards and it will not read any of them. Heeeeeelp. $200+ into this :(

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
HTC inspire is not a terrible phone. It sometimes has problems with its volume keys but shouldn?t be powering off. Typically powering off is NOT a SIM card issue?

Does it work ok when connected to WiFi?

It could be an application that is causing the issues. Check out Android phone turns itself off and stays off. For some tips.

I recommend you reset it. if its rooted you might have to load the original Operating System back onto the phone by rooting it back to original. Are you positive that the phone is unlocked and rooted?

Check out that article and try a reset for sure. It sounds like a software issue to me.

Good luck AZDSF

~ Moneypenny ~

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae