Unlocked HTC Inspire 4G won't connect to wifi signal

DarkSaphire2002

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I've had my unlocked HTC Inspire 4G for about eight months now (using a no contract plan from Simple Mobile) and it was working fine up until the beginning of this month. I had to wait til the 19th of July to pay my phone bill because we're in the process of moving and I couldn't afford it. About a week ago, I attempted to use my phone to connect to the wifi network in my home, (which I had always done before without any problems,) even though my phone service was turned off. This wasn't my first time connecting to my wifi network without my phone service being turned on, so I thought it could be done, but it didn't work this time. I thought that maybe I was wrong so I disregarded it until I paid my service bill. That was yesterday. Sadly, even with the service on, the issue still ensues... So here's the problem,

Even my wifi enabled and my phone within range (as well as correct passwords imputed,) it shows all saved networks as "Out of Range". However, it still says "Searching for Network" for its connection status. It seems I've tried everything like rebooting, "forgetting" saved networks and then resetting them, double checking and re-entering passwords, removing and replacing the battery, and I even checked the antenna! There must be something that I'm overlooking or not doing right. I know my phone's antenna is working because I can still connect to my mobile network. For data purposes I've only used it as a last resort, but I know it can be done.

Any help or input you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. This issue is making me want to pull my hair out :mad: ! Thanks a bunch!