Can't send or receive picture messages- Straight Talk/ Att HTC Inspire

Raul Nava

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
Well, I just bought an Att HTC Inspire and connected it with Straight talk. The only issue is that I can't send or receive picture messages. I called their support and according to them there might be some compatibility issues with my phone and their service. I am able to get internet perfectly... so, I don't know what the issue is. Please help!

Update: I am able to send but not receive. It gives the option to download, I press it, but it does not download.

I searched online... some say its possible, I tried their apn... but no success.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

anon(777192)

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd try the att settings if your using the swap method unless the sim is a new one

I'm just assuming that you downloaded apn backup and restore from play store ran and saved the preset at&t apn's to your sd card then went back to apn list and deleted them so they aren't listed and then you entered the tf apn setting ? It's been said that other apn's can mess with the one you want to use..

Straight talk awhile back had instructed me to change my apn to the tf apn but after trying it and messing with trying to get it to work and having no luck at all they instructed me to continue to use the att setting which worked with no issues.

Buzzintx

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue.....my wife has the same phone and it works with the same APN settings so it must be something else...... :(

davew41

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but. make sure it is

Name: straight talk
APN: tfdata
port 80

MMSC: http://mms-tf.net NOT mms.tf.net IT IS A DASH - not a dot .
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80

some have been getting errors by typing mms.tf.net You will not send images with that

I had the same issue and then rechecked my settings and all be dammmmmed i had it typed wrong..
I fixed it and the image sent right away.

Tiffany p

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
APN tfdata
Proxy 216.155.165.40
Port 8080
MMSC mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port 80
MCC 310
MNC 410

Can someone please help me.. Was ATT and switched. We bought NEW sim with Tracfone plan about 4 months ago. I click download on images and nothing.

LadybirdDB

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't send or receive picture messages- Straight Talk

I've been with Straight Talk for a couple of years now, and back in Jjanuary/February all of a sudden I was not able to send or receive pictures with my text messages. I have made sure that my settings were as posted on your site for the APN of tfdata. Any suggestions??

Tristan Bell

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but. make sure it is

Name: straight talk
APN: tfdata
port 80

MMSC: http://mms-tf.net NOT mms.tf.net IT IS A DASH - not a dot .
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80

some have been getting errors by typing mms.tf.net You will not send images with that

I had the same issue and then rechecked my settings and all be dammmmmed i had it typed wrong..
I fixed it and the image sent right away.

I typed this in and restarted my phone and received a bunch of mms messages right off the bat. Thank you for the info.
(Galaxy S4 active)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2