Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    mc511's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

    Default Looks good but has some flaws...maybe

    Well so far i am loving the size of this phone and i heard HTC sense is the way to go over moto blur. They are always fast and provide decent features. I really want this phone when i am able to upgrade but a few things got me really concerned. One is the storge. Someone has recently said that HTC sense takes up alot of storage on the device and 4 gigs seems like alot for android or atleast a decent about but lets not forget ATT apps that they have preinstalled. I am hoping there will be about 2 gigs for users to use when the device gets into our hands. But there is an 8 gig sd card so maybe most apps now can be loaded onto there. Not sure if alot of devs allow it.

    My last concern is the battery. The desire HD had some great reviews but the battery life would drain come almost near the end of the day with heavy use. ATT's website says that the phone will get a 1230ma battery which isnt much. I am afriad that with all the email and friends feed updates the battery will drain fast on my not to mention i like to use Instant messaging from time to time.

    Maybe i am worried a little bit ahead of time but i am still considering this as an upgrade come spring. Even over the dual core atrix. I hear sense is a good android skin and HTC provides a really good user experience. I also love that it has a 4.3 inch touch screen which for me seems like a decent sweet spot. The atrix to me seems to be marketing towards a world where o matter where you take the phone you will always be docking it. Which makes me feel kinda weird.
  2. #2  
    Go Android!'s Avatar

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

    Default

    First I have the Evo, I never understood why people complained about battery life. I go to school from 7:30 - 4:30 and I come home with about 60% battery every day. I text A LOT, listen to music, maybe play 1 or 2 games, and use the internet for maybe 10 minutes.

    I'm not sure if this means anything, but under applications in settings HTC Sense says it's only 4.30MB. But on my Evo, I have about 60 apps (mostly games) and that takes up 400MB, so I think 2GB is plenty!

    Also, the Inspire is a second generation snapdragon like the Thunderbolt and is the highest scoring in Quadrant by a longshot. But I love my Evo, it's apart of me. lol. There's nothing I would change. I'm sure the Inspire will be even better.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    mc511's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

    Default

    Well you reassured my faith in the device. I am still worried about the battery since its so small and the review of the desire hd said the battery wasnt that great. I Think 2gig on an android is good since google only allows a 50mb max. I didnt know that till i saw nividias tegra announcement for games. And this a second gen snapdragon? I like that it scores high in quadrant. When i get the phone which will hopefully be around april or may assuming att lets me upgrade early i will try and keep an eye out for a larger battery.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andr3w View Post
    First I have the Evo, I never understood why people complained about battery life. I go to school from 7:30 - 4:30 and I come home with about 60% battery every day. I text A LOT, listen to music, maybe play 1 or 2 games, and use the internet for maybe 10 minutes.

    I'm not sure if this means anything, but under applications in settings HTC Sense says it's only 4.30MB. But on my Evo, I have about 60 apps (mostly games) and that takes up 400MB, so I think 2GB is plenty!

    Also, the Inspire is a second generation snapdragon like the Thunderbolt and is the highest scoring in Quadrant by a longshot. But I love my Evo, it's apart of me. lol. There's nothing I would change. I'm sure the Inspire will be even better.
    I agree with your logic. I just keep my phone plug up to a charger while using it. Just as I'm doing right now. I can't remember when was the last time I use my PC.
  5. #5  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mc511 View Post
    Well you reassured my faith in the device. I am still worried about the battery since its so small and the review of the desire hd said the battery wasnt that great. I Think 2gig on an android is good since google only allows a 50mb max. I didnt know that till i saw nividias tegra announcement for games. And this a second gen snapdragon? I like that it scores high in quadrant. When i get the phone which will hopefully be around april or may assuming att lets me upgrade early i will try and keep an eye out for a larger battery.
    Keep in mind that AT&T's network uses HSPA+ and not true 4G, so it will not be as hard on the battery as well. Besides that, you'll almost certainly be able to buy a second battery with more capacity that won't require a bulging battery cover.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    mc511's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Keep in mind that AT&T's network uses HSPA+ and not true 4G, so it will not be as hard on the battery as well. Besides that, you'll almost certainly be able to buy a second battery with more capacity that won't require a bulging battery cover.
    Oh i know that. I am really just being paranoid and going off what the reviews for the HD Desire are which i really shouldnt do. Overall i think it is still my top pick over the Atrix.
  7. #7  
    mdunn1066's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, for now

    Default

    Im sure HTC would have put a bigger battery if the current one wasnt sufficient, that being said if i buy this, ill probably look for a higher capacity battery that doesnt increase my phone size anyway
  8. #8  
    E_man's Avatar

    Posts
    493 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Keep in mind that AT&T's network uses HSPA+ and not true 4G, so it will not be as hard on the battery as well. Besides that, you'll almost certainly be able to buy a second battery with more capacity that won't require a bulging battery cover.
    You mean like sprints real 4G network, or Verizons? Except they aren't either Right now, nobody has true 4G. Heck, even the theoretical speeds aren't hitting 4G speeds, much less actual speeds. Has anyone heard how the actual HSPA+ speeds will be on AT&T?

    Also, ignoring battery life, HTC disappointed me. They announced the slowest android phones on CES. Samsung added 20% to the clock speed of a processor that was already pretty equal to the 1Ghz processor in HTC, not to mention improvements to the already amazing S-AMOLED. Motorola blew the competition away completely with the Atrix. What is the point of the Inspire unless you love sense that much?
  9. #9  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E_man View Post
    You mean like sprints real 4G network, or Verizons? Except they aren't either Right now, nobody has true 4G. Heck, even the theoretical speeds aren't hitting 4G speeds, much less actual speeds. Has anyone heard how the actual HSPA+ speeds will be on AT&T?

    Also, ignoring battery life, HTC disappointed me. They announced the slowest android phones on CES. Samsung added 20% to the clock speed of a processor that was already pretty equal to the 1Ghz processor in HTC, not to mention improvements to the already amazing S-AMOLED. Motorola blew the competition away completely with the Atrix. What is the point of the Inspire unless you love sense that much?
    Sprint and Verizon's technically are. There are technical requirements that those networks meet, that an HSPA+ network doesn't.
  10. #10  
    Cyannetic's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    ROM
    Incredibly Re-engineered

    Default AT&T 4g and Inspire.

    AT&T is a bit behind is all. The hspa+ will be what you fall back on when not in a 4g network, and HSPA+ kicks all other carriers 3g out of the game. AT&T will also be implementing that over all of it's 3g network by year end (unlikely but it's what I was told at 4g training).

    So when on verizon or sprints network, if you leave 4g, expect junk speed. At&t's backhaul and 3g+ will get you through the trips, plus for those of us in the sticks where we get 3G but not 4g till 2014 (no matter the carrier), AT&T will be the way to go. Also, AT&T finally jumped fully onto the Android wagon. Out of 20 4g devices being released this year, 12 will be droids.

    This is all just based on the training I received from AT&T, could all be BS. I use Verizon anyway.

    I do want to say that as a Tech support agent, I am excited about supporting the Inspire. I love HTC and was disappoint with the Aria's size and specs. HTC has some good Tech support in my opinion and their hardware is always solid, even when the software sucks (Tilt 2, pure, fuze). Samsung and Motorola suck in both these aspects and need to calm down with their over-saturation of the market. What the hell was the Backflip, Flipout, Flipside, and Bravo all about MoRo???

    Not sure where I was going with this, but that's my 2 cents.
    I troubleshoot iPhones and BlackBerries 40 hours a week for AT&T, I can fix anything...
  11. #11  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,750 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,927 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Sprint and Verizon's technically are. There are technical requirements that those networks meet, that an HSPA+ network doesn't.
    Technically according to the 3GPP LTE and WIMAX aren't 4G either.

    Please see THIS post for an awesome discussion about 3G and 4G technologies.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  12. #12  
    HawaiianLaker's Avatar

    Posts
    257 Posts
    ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

    Default

    LTE or bust. hspa+ is 3.5g lol.
  13. #13  
    E_man's Avatar

    Posts
    493 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Sprint and Verizon's technically are. There are technical requirements that those networks meet, that an HSPA+ network doesn't.
    No they don't. 4G requires 100mbps. LTE Advanced and WiMax 2 will meet those requirements supposedly, but the current crop of tech does not. However, LTE Advanced and Wimax 2 will probably be billed as 8G or something, lol. That has been descussed ad nauseum throughout the internet, and even on the AC podcast.

    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianLaker View Post
    LTE or bust. hspa+ is 3.5g lol.
    As is LTE
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E_man View Post
    No they don't. 4G requires 100mbps. LTE Advanced and WiMax 2 will meet those requirements supposedly, but the current crop of tech does not. However, LTE Advanced and Wimax 2 will probably be billed as 8G or something, lol. That has been descussed ad nauseum throughout the internet, and even on the AC podcast.



    As is LTE
    Hes 100% correct. True 4G is 100mbps, which no one comes close to right now. HSPA+ is just improved 3G, just like T-Mobile. No new technology, but still ALMOST the same speed as LTE.

    There needs to be no 'new technology' to be considered 4G. They rate it on speed of the network, not the technology being used. So LTE might be new network technology but it isn't 4G either. Still gonna be fast though
  15. #15  

    Default

    I like this phone. I'm going to get it over the Atrix and Infuse because it's made by HTC. They're known for making solid products. I don't trust Motorola at all because they're an American company, and Samsung has a reputation for not supporting their devices with updates.

    As for the 4G nonsense, LTE or HSPA+ is better than whatever AT&T already has so it's fine by me. I really wish they would have put an LTE radio in it though. I don't know for a fact that they didn't, but, since I don't trust AT&T one iota, I'll assume that AT&T missed this incredible feature. I also live in Philly so I imagine that I'll get 3.2G, 3.5G, 4G or whatever you want to call it in a decent time.

    The battery is also a little disappointing to me. I plan on being in the market for a new battery as soon as I purchase the phone, but I carry a charger around with me everywhere for my iPod so I should be fine.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E_man View Post
    Also, ignoring battery life, HTC disappointed me. They announced the slowest android phones on CES. Samsung added 20% to the clock speed of a processor that was already pretty equal to the 1Ghz processor in HTC, not to mention improvements to the already amazing S-AMOLED. Motorola blew the competition away completely with the Atrix. What is the point of the Inspire unless you love sense that much?
    honestly clock speeds on processors made by different manufacturers mean nothing, of course a 1.2 Ghz snapdragon will be faster than a 1 Ghz snapdragon. But you can't compare a samsung processor with a Qualcomm processor based on clock speed alone.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiUnion View Post
    I like this phone. I'm going to get it over the Atrix and Infuse because it's made by HTC. They're known for making solid products. I don't trust Motorola at all because they're an American company, and Samsung has a reputation for not supporting their devices with updates.

    As for the 4G nonsense, LTE or HSPA+ is better than whatever AT&T already has so it's fine by me. I really wish they would have put an LTE radio in it though. I don't know for a fact that they didn't, but, since I don't trust AT&T one iota, I'll assume that AT&T missed this incredible feature. I also live in Philly so I imagine that I'll get 3.2G, 3.5G, 4G or whatever you want to call it in a decent time.

    The battery is also a little disappointing to me. I plan on being in the market for a new battery as soon as I purchase the phone, but I carry a charger around with me everywhere for my iPod so I should be fine.
    First of all motorola is NOT an american company and besides even if they were why wouldnt you trust an american company? Do you not own anything american?
    Thanked by:
    john_v 
  18. #18  
    bkorver's Avatar

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I'm waiting to see how bad I get molested for LTE on Verizon. I've commited and if my bill goes up (Again) I will let my contract expire and have all 4 of my lines on Big Blue by Thanksgiving. Bottom line is I have 2 smartphones and 2 dumbphones with 1400 minutes shared, and can have 4 smartphones with 1400 minutes shared (and rollover) for less on AT&T. It's stupid to pay more for less and to be slower.

    That being said, unless HTC comes out with a dual core by Thanksgiving, I will definately get this phone. I have had a string of HTC's and couldn't be happier with my choices. They are just sexy, and highly customizable, unlike Moto with their locked bootloaders...
    "In valor, there is hope."

Posting Permissions

B