Release Date..

AZAndroid

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if im wrong, but:
Is int this phone way worse than the Atrix?

~Significantly lower resolution display
~Less and inferior RAM
~MUCH Less processing power (1 A8 vs 2 A9s)
~Less storage space
~Looks the same as evo (been out since july and needs an update)
~No finger print scanner
~No HDMI output
....The list goes on....
The list probably does go on but I really am not a fan, at all, of motoblur. Sure you can download ADW EX or launcher pro but I just really dont like motorola. They make a nice phone but its just not for me.

HTC's quality is up there and this phone has the new sense with htcsense.com support which means no data connection for maps or directions anymore. It definitely has its positives, and negatives for that matter

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if im wrong, but:
Is int this phone way worse than the Atrix?

~Significantly lower resolution display
~Less and inferior RAM
~MUCH Less processing power (1 A8 vs 2 A9s)
~Less storage space
~Looks the same as evo (been out since july and needs an update)
~No finger print scanner
~No HDMI output
....The list goes on....

Spec wise yes. But the big issue is motorola`s locked boot loaders. Also its arguable how well android supports dual core chips.

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I was initially torn between the Atrix and the Inspire. Regardless of technical specs, HTC is known for tremendous build quality, and strong OS support.

After seeing how well the EVO has done, and the Desire HD overseas, I'm fairly certain the Inspire 4G will do just fine over the Atrix.

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping to hear something in regards to the release date in the next 10-14 days. Apple is releasing the iPhone on Verizon in 2 1/2 weeks. Hopefully the Inspire comes out shortly after that.

I'm still guessing $149-199 with 2 year agreement.

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping to hear something in regards to the release date in the next 10-14 days. Apple is releasing the iPhone on Verizon in 2 1/2 weeks. Hopefully the Inspire comes out shortly after that.

Well I'm hearing that the inspire and Atrix will both be released on Feb 13th so heres hoping all this is accurate info:)

NicoleW78

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I really hope you're right with the price point. I was almost thinking $250, but I'm not good with figuring out how much phones cost. Both hubby and I want either this or the Atrix, and that's a lot of cash to be dropping at once. LOL

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
im gonna say 199 any less and the phone will come off as cheap at launch 250 is possible because thats what verizon is dropping the thunderbolt for but that would leave AT&T no choice but to raise the Atrix to 300 and i dont know about that so 199 i think it is for inspire

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I am done with the same old iPhone. As soon as the Inspire hits the store I will be there to upgrade. But it does look like the Atrix will hit Best Buy Feb 13th. Nothing said about the Inspire though.

I am so ready to jump ship to Android HTC Inspire. I don't care if they don't have the 4G ready. I will work on it 3G for now. Come on AT&T GIVE IT UP.. :)

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been all about the Atrix for a month and now I am starting to waiver. What are the pros for Inspire besides the camera? You can root HTC phones easier, correct?

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been all about the Atrix for a month and now I am starting to waiver. What are the pros for Inspire besides the camera? You can root HTC phones easier, correct?

Yes you can root easier and load full ROMS with the atrixs locked bootloader the ROMS are usually just slight face lifts because they dont get full access. Also the inspires sense if you keep it stock is better than motoblur and HTC pushes out OS updates the fastets of any manufacturer

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can root easier and load full ROMS with the atrixs locked bootloader the ROMS are usually just slight face lifts because they dont get full access. Also the inspires sense if you keep it stock is better than motoblur and HTC pushes out OS updates the fastets of any manufacturer

Thanks. So are you saying I shouldn't root? I would really like to not have to root. I am really bad with my hands and stuff like that. I can't even get my daughter's Leapster Explorer working!

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. So are you saying I shouldn't root? I would really like to not have to root. I am really bad with my hands and stuff like that. I can't even get my daughter's Leapster Explorer working!

NOOO IM SAYING ROOT AND ROM ROOT AND ROM!!! I LOVE IT!!!:) what im saying is the atrix will hamper this and the HTC will be easy and freeing

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just want to uninstall anything that I don't want... you know, stupid AT&T Programs, useless apps, just junk!

I want a clean ROM, a very clean and spartan ROM. Nothing bogging it down.

TELL ME that is attainable.