Captivate or Inspire??

Android.Ian

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
AT&T will be in my area soon, I ordered the Captivate that ships on the 10th, and I'm holding out for the Atrix, hopefully it will be available within 30 days :) but if not, would I be better off with the Captivate, or Inspire? Thanks everyone!

Android.Ian

AZAndroid

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the captivate now but I will be exchanging it for the inspire. The captivate is a good phone its just not the Inspire

HTC Inspire™ 4G at AT&T

HTC is the better phone, better build quality, better with updates, better UI bigger screen, and much more useful features.

This

I have the captivate and its a solid phone but the Inspire is exactly what I have been wanting and looking for for a long time. Im so damn pumped for it actually. Dont get me wrong though, the captivate is an awesome device but Samsung doesnt update their software (the phone has GPS issues and is still stuck on 2.1).

I would go with the Inspire, you'll be better off and probably happier in the long run, especially with the larger screen. HTC also builds an amazing device. I could wait another month and get an Atrix but I would muuuuuuuch rather have the Inspire FWIW

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It's not even close: The Inspire over the Craptivate any day of the week.Now the Atrix is whole different story. Has AT&T given a release date for the Atrix yet?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not even close: The Inspire over the Craptivate any day of the week.

Craptivate... ROTFL!

In all seriousness, the Captivate will most likely have a prettier screen, but fails in the following areas (as compared to the Inspire)

1) Build quaility
2) GPS
3) Updates / Support from Sammy
4) Support from Developer Community (Only important if you Root/Flash ROM's)
5) Sense UI is so far ahead of Touchwhiz in asthetics and usablility it's not even the same sport...

JMHO

Griffspen

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Considering that I like the day to day performance and feel of my Aria more than my Cognitioned Captivate I'd VERY strongly say go with the Inspire. HTC Sense is very sweet IMO.

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Craptivate... ROTFL!

In all seriousness, the Captivate will most likely have a prettier screen, but fails in the following areas (as compared to the Inspire)

1) Build quaility
2) GPS
3) Updates / Support from Sammy
4) Support from Developer Community (Only important if you Root/Flash ROM's)
5) Sense UI is so far ahead of Touchwhiz in asthetics and usablility it's not even the same sport...

JMHO

all very true

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
how much are you paying for the captivate?

if its not the 200 that they are when they come out, then id say go with the inspire. if your parents let you rack up their credit card and will allow you to spend the extra 50 go with the atrix.

i say if they let you buy whatever, because the only reason you should consider the atrix is if you are into games and stuff. atrix can run those high resource games with ease.

I for one am getting the inspire outright. and then getting a new lte or dual core phone in 4-5 months when my contract is ready for renewal

moistdef#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I got a Captivate back in September, funny thing is I have an available upgrade on the 18th and considered getting the Inspire 4G but I think I'm going to keep my Captivate for another year till something better comes out.

I'm not a hardcore user or anything. My Captivate is rooted and I'm using ADW Launcher EX, only thing I wish it had was a camera flash and I can live without Froyo.

The Inspire 4G isn't leaps and bounds better than the Captivate for me to get it, i.e. the Captivate has 16GB of internal storage where as the Inspire has 4GB, Captivate battery is 1500mAh where Inspire is 1230mAh.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Captivate is $50.00 at walmart, $149 at best buy, best buy will price match..I had the Captivate upgraded from my iphone, but had poor reception at my house w/ it and the GPS was way off, so I returned it and am back to my ****ty iphone, I was gonna hold out for the Atrix, but it looks like IM gonna go w/ the Inspire instead, unless it doesnt work out for me then Ill get the Atrix....

Android.Ian

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay then only one more question, will i be able to buy a 1500 mah battery for it? because i know you can get 1750's for like the DX or captivate, and it doesnt require a new battery door or anything, because i dont want the huge extended battery bulging out the back

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay then only one more question, will i be able to buy a 1500 mah battery for it? because i know you can get 1750's for like the DX or captivate, and it doesnt require a new battery door or anything, because i dont want the huge extended battery bulging out the back

I don't think there's a 1500 battery out there that'll fit the Inspire/DHD.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
if you bought a captivate over 30 days ago and are happy with it then there nothing wrong with that. because the phone is capable. but if you just bought it return it or pick the inspire or atrix over the captivate not that the captivate is bad but both are already runnign froyo and likely have gingerbread in the works the captivate still has yet to see froyo.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
if you bought a captivate over 30 days ago and are happy with it then there nothing wrong with that. because the phone is capable. but if you just bought it return it or pick the inspire or atrix over the captivate not that the captivate is bad but both are already runnign froyo and likely have gingerbread in the works the captivate still has yet to see froyo.

I second that motion! lol :D:cool::)